Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Material Drop Rate Is Imbalanced

Zicak

I've been farming on Sedna for both Rubedo and Alloy plate, since just about every recipe needs them, but in three runs of me exploiting my Dungeon Crawler's Syndrome to get every singe container and locker I could find, I got about 40 Alloy and 30 Rubedo. Now, I wouldn't have too much of a problem with this, as rare materials are okay, but these two mats are in almost every single recipe I want to make, and require material counts in the hundreds (eg, 800 rubedo + 150 Alloy for any Warframe, 500 Alloy for Boltor & Hek, 600 for Akbolto).

Conversely, other materials drop like candy, and are a non-thing. I have enough Polymer bundles, Ferrite, and Salvage to outfit an entire station of Grineer. These things are so common that they may as well not be a thing at all. You never need to farm them, or think about them, or care about them.

So, I suggest not an increase in mat drop rates, but a shift, making Rubedo / Alloy drops a bit more common and not throw things like Ferrite, Salvage, and Polymer at us as much. Either that, or increase the quantities at which the rarer mats drop.

Clearly you have just been having bad luck, I average 200 rubedo and 100 alloy plate a mission on sedna and I don't go out of my way to search everywhere.

However some of the other resources do drop too much IMO, I have almost 100,000 nanospores for example.

Try running Valefor on Europa. It's an infection defense on the snow level where the waves come out very quickly without getting stuck. It is not very high level and because the mobs are rushing to melee range, and it is incredibly easy to pick up tons of rubedo without worrying that you missed picking up drops from outside your vision range. Added bonus of it gives great xp if you need to level new weapons or frames.