Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash, Smokescreen And Dual Zorens

Centurus

Question

5 answers to this question

Assuming you did some searching around and found no satisfactory answers: no. Zorens have been nerfed to the ground and using Smokescreen has never been a very good source of crit damage.

If you want to do lots of damage that comes from crits, you should be going the Loki-Invis route simply because a max of 8-9 seconds vs 12-3 seconds (Max Smokescreen & Continuity vs Max Invis & Continuity) is a much larger difference than you might think, and Loki is the only one who can even make Crit Damage (all across weapon types, but guns cannot be saved; explanation later) worthwhile. But the thing is, it has to be done with a Charge-specced weapon. Simply put, anything and everything Melee that revolves around just straight-up Melee Damage won't cut it in U7 compared to Charge Damage. You can't stack Melee Damage anymore which is where the things actually shined in U6: the ability to stack outside of the weapon, and since the max for Pressure Point (Melee Damage) is only 48% that's.. pretty low. Really, low, actually. If it was bumped up to maybe 75% or even 100% then it would be much, much more viable. But now? No. Crit Chance is also bugged/doesn't work as it should, since as of U7 it works as this: (Melee Weapon Crit: 10%) x (Mod Crit Rate: 30% (max)) = 13.3% Total crit chance. That is definitely not worth the energy, but Crit DAMAGE is still perfectly fine since.. it's still damage (but only on a Loki or to an infinitesmal degree, Ash, to take advantage of 100% Melee Crits during Invis/Smokescreen).

But to actually answer your questions... no, they were never that OP. Stacking and passive weapon upgrades were; not the base weapon (which is what all stats for guns and Melee are across the board).

Just to add something here:

Loki Invis Crits do NOT benefit from Critdamage Mods. Only "normal" Crits. Funny enough Loki can do normal crits in invis which results in rather sick damage (1000+ with Dual Heat Swords) but thats rare due to the low base Critchance

Just to add something here:

Loki Invis Crits do NOT benefit from Critdamage Mods. Only "normal" Crits. Funny enough Loki can do normal crits in invis which results in rather sick damage (1000+ with Dual Heat Swords) but thats rare due to the low base Critchance

I'm just going to assume this is something that has changed with 7.7. All through U7 my own Loki has benefitted from Crit Damage mods, but since 7.5 I stopped using him since I got two new Frames to play with, so this might be something to put into consideration. Also, by normal crits he means the yellow ones. Red Crits are "super crits" (I don't know the damage multiplier, but it's essentially like Multishot in the sense that after the "base" of 100% Melee crits from Invis applied, the base crit leftover from the melee weapon is now the chance to do a red crit).