The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Solution To Closing In When Melee-Ing

Ryujen

So far I've really enjoyed the Melee update DE has put together. But the thing is i've faced many times the difficulty of getting close to enemies to unleash my combos when not using sneaky or tanky warframes such as Loki or Rhino.

So here's what's on my mind:

What about adding a Melee Dash that costs a certain amount of energy so it's not spammable and only used when needed.

One way of using it would be holding the melee channeling button and pressing two times forward.

(Hold M.Channel + Double tap W)

Any thoughts? Does anyone feel the same way? While Melee has been greatly buffed, I still find it subpar when comparing it to firing weapons and I believe this would help set the bar up at least a bit to make it a more competitive build.

Edited by Ryujen

It does help but it's not a solution to covering short distances. Because of that Melee feels somewhat static and it's not possible to chain attacks quickly between enemies. Consequently you find yourself 80% of the time running around those short distances and 20% cutting those enemies down.

Edited by Ryujen

Slide attacks?

Slide attacks are the closest thing to a dash. But aren't they quite unreliable? You have to really time it well to kill that enemy you're aiming at, and at the same time be close enough to other enemies to continue chaining attacks.

One example of being unreliable is when building momentum and doing a slide attack. Congratulations, you're in the South Pole now.

Edited by Ryujen

I'd love to see you try doing that to the Toxic Ancients Wave 25+ on high level Defs.

To be fair, if you're trying to get close and personal with a high-level Toxic Ancient in the first place, then the problem doesn't really lie in the blocking system.

I think it'd be cooler if they just redid the roll animation to be a a dash when you're in melee mode. It could be have a slight better range and be faster, and it wouldn't be able to be too abused with the stamina costs. It'd be great for closing in a bit, dodging and just looking awesome.