The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odd/disconnected Weapon-Damage Type

Shion963

Note: It's similar to this topic, but not about "why too much electrics"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/234904-do-we-really-need-more-pure-electric-weapons/

My topic is more towards what this wonderful person has voiced: 

I'm still disappointed those melee weapons are PURE electric. If the Lecta didn't have that weight on the end then maybe I'd let it slide. But I'm never going to believe the tenno are gently sliding the Prova across my opponent's skin with every brutish swing of the club.

True. The Prova doesn't have a lick of Impact damage despite being wielded like a club. A real cattle prod is basically a metal baton capped with an electrode, but the Prova is even lower than that.

Serro is an energy saw that is used to scrap ships; cutting through bulkhead, frame, plating and all but it doesn't actually do any Slashing/Puncture damage. Perhaps chalk it up to us swinging it, instead of long-duration contact that'll burn through. Doesn't mean that we're swinging nerf-staves wired with energy emitters.

Lecta has a (presumably) non-negligible weight on its end that is swung around, instead of being just an electrified wire. Enemies stagger when they are hit, like they were hit by something with mass. It could just be electrical spasming, but the impact sounds suggests otherwise.

Plasma Sword, a plasma-edged chunk of metal. Does reduced damage to flesh because it shocks things, instead of the Star Wars Lightsaber cut-n-cauterise.

Somewhat the other way 'round is the Amphis and Scoliac: all those electrically-charged/toxic-spewing thingamaboppers and it doesn't shock/poison ANYTHING unless it's slammed to the ground.

Bottom line:

Would it be possible to include a smidgen of physical damage, or something more thematically fitting to the actual use of the weapon instead of "it's an energy weapon, so it JUST shocks stuff".

Postscripts

P.S.: And how does three energy emitters positioned horizontally on a vertical pole be used to cut through ship plating? Do you shave it away like those triple-bladed shaving razors using a window-wiping motion? Because IMHO a straight-razor arrangement where it's perpendicular to the pole would make it more of a polearm, instead of a triple-layered hoe. Sure it rotates from horizontal to almost vertical, but why would it even do that? To rake sand in pretty patterns? And it DOES stay perpendicular while holding it in the modding menu...

P.P.S: Yes, I am well aware that Electricity is a good elemental damage because it mixes well. My beef isn't with its usability, but its form and function. 

P.P.P.S.: It's a game, I know. Game balance, weapon/damage categories, faction-effective blah-blah-blah. But it's missing details like this that annoys me the most. A beam-sword and energy saw that DOESN'T actually cut! 

And I thought that one of Damage2.0's main creed was that "all weapons will do some damage, instead of none". Would it hurt that much to give a metal polearm with sharp edges some Impact/Slash damage? For a whip to whip?

Dont forget the lanka shooting particals that only do electrical when it is a rail gun it should do massive impact damage aswell

and all the plasma slow laser guns dont do electrical anymore why? they are shooting electricaly charged burning plasma but the lanka shoots a small partical with magnatism and does electrical

what is DE doing with their Elements?

OH forgot aswell Zephyr's tornados do defualt magnatism shouldnt they do slash? and absorb the element as an additive?

Aswell as Vulban's vortex it should do heavy impact as you are being smushed into a tiny center like mag but with just gravity not magnatism?

Que?

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

OH forgot aswell Zephyr's tornados do defualt magnatism shouldnt they do slash? and absorb the element as an additive?

Aswell as Vulban's vortex it should do heavy impact as you are being smushed into a tiny center like mag but with just gravity not magnatism?

Que?

Effin Magnets, how do they work.

I thought about broaching into the 'frames' elemental damages, but that's a whole 'nother bag.

Effin Magnets, how do they work.

I thought about broaching into the 'frames' elemental damages, but that's a whole 'nother bag.

Miricals

Not exactly persay they are all pretty easy to put non elemental warframes into one of the physical elements they just dont

they probably used vortex as a base I bet vortex originaly had the ability to absorb elements but they cut it out to use it later

so when zephyr needed a way for her vortex tornato thing to stand out they used it but its element was still magnatism because it used vortex's code as a base tho this is just me speculating and spitballing

HONESTLY id rather the tornados do Slash and never change element and Vortex do Impact and absorb elements it would make more sence for an engy to have such complicated tricks then a bird who cant fly

Edited by MoyuTheMedic