Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion On Account Wipe Status~

Guest Hermaphrodite

Guest Hermaphrodite

Hello all.

At the end of the Beta their is said to be an optional account wipe for anyone who is interested for a short period of time.

I think anyone who uses this option should have a symbol or exclusive item just as the CB testers did, to split them apart from being just a " newbie " among the masses, and having shown effort in wanting to completely start over and not keep their MONTHS of attained items/experience/other, almost like a COD preistage *Sorry for bringing that here, not a fan of COD myself*

Even a small tick by their name or so-forth would be fitting.

Edited by Hermaphrodite

Hello all.

At the end of the Beta their is said to be an optional account wipe for anyone who is interested for a short period of time.

I think anyone who uses this option should have a symbol or exclusive item just as the CB testers did, to split them apart form being just a " newbie " among the masses, and having shown effort in wanting to completely start over, almost like a COD preistage *Sorry for bringing that here, not a fan of COD myself*

Even a small tick by their name or so-forth would be fitting.

well 1st your name is disturbing that asside yea would be nice for the players who opped wont seem like nubbles being they have more experience than most people will Edited by KIll3RX15

Guest Hermaphrodite

well 1st your name is disturbing that asside yea would be nice for the players who opped wont seem like nubbles being they have more experience than most people will

How is my name disturbing? Compared to someone who calls themself a killer i'd be more worried about your name :P

Guest Hermaphrodite

Anyhow back on topic~ , I do believe that this would be a nice idea, you gain nothing by restarting, and only yourself would know about it otherwise, why not make a Symbol or something not in your face but noticable to those who care to look for it. I do plan to reset once i'm able to start fresh again.

Edited by Hermaphrodite

Guest Hermaphrodite

Also I do hope that Closed-Beta testers that do accept the account-wipe still keep their Closed-Beta Tester freebies they got *pistol and such* when they reset.

So, teeny weenie little questions.

1. Where can i read up on this wipe scenario as it stands currently with Dev provided information.

2. What, exactly, happens to platinum spent and such prior to the wipe if you reset? Does everythign just revert as if it was 'day one' for you?

Am I missing something here?

Nothing 100% official has been said, but the idea is this: You lose all mods, blueprints, slots, colors, frames and weapons except for special exclusives (founder bonuses, lato vandal, braton vandal, etc). All platinum will be refunded. If you have bought a total of, lets say 500 platinum, then the 500 will be restored to your account.

Nothing 100% official has been said, but the idea is this: You lose all mods, blueprints, slots, colors, frames and weapons except for special exclusives (founder bonuses, lato vandal, braton vandal, etc). All platinum will be refunded. If you have bought a total of, lets say 500 platinum, then the 500 will be restored to your account.

Much obliged Nova, sounds totally fair minded.

If there is no Dev reference as of yet, I'll take it as the 'spirit' of what they intend and await actual details, but the information you gave is still reassuring and encouraging.

Thanks muchly.

I just assumed this was what will happen because it has been my 'standard experience'... For GW2 Beta I got a full 'spent money' refund for Live. It was my first experience 'spending money on a game before it was out', though not my first time granting money to Devs, hee hee,

and CERTAINLY not my first 'after Beta wipe'..

Edited by GrimmLiberty

I would prefer how about to have 2 different symbols one for people who choose to reset their accounts, and ones who keep everything but they get a symbol to show superiority to the people who start playing when its released

Superiority? Give me a break. You started earlier, they started later. Superiority is out of the equation.