Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria Suggestion: Separate "hysteria Weapon" Slot

AlienOvermind

Just played with a Valkyr a little and got a feeling, that Hysteria claws should work like a weapon. I mean, it should get separate, fifth slot. And of course it would be unchangable, but with it's own mod and stance slots, like any other melee weapons. It's rank would be always the same as warframe's rank and using forma on the warframe would also add a polarity slot to the "Hysteria claws". It's also okay to make some melee mods unequipable for balance purpose. The point of this change:

1) It's the most the most logical and flexible solution for attack power of Valkyr's ultimate skill: new players without a large pool of good mods would get normal/weak Hysteria suitable for low/mid-level mission, but experienced players would equip powerful melee mods, that would make Hysteria viable at high-level mission. I.e. the same scaling as weapons have without messing equipped melee weapon's build.

2) Alternate stances could give player a choice to tweak the Hysteria-mode to suit his own taste. I remember that Hysteria is going to work like a stance itself, and it would blend pretty fine: no stance equipped = new Hysteria-exclusive stance, but player would have an opportunity to equip Seismic Palm or Fracturing Wind (and maybe Brutal Tide and Grim Fury too, attacks with legs could be well-suited for Valkyr too).

Valkyr's claws are getting a rework (see last devstream summary for more info), also, they're already using some of your melee weapon's mods/stats and will get a separate moveset, although i would prefer just to have an option to switch claws for my melee weapon.

From the latest stream, I strongly believe that her claws should be treated as an innate, moddable melee weapon separate from melee weapon player is carrying. It would make her power extremely unique and offers better scaling for high risk/high reward playstyle.

Although her godmode is definitely a goner at this point, she will be fun to play.

From the latest stream, I strongly believe that her claws should be treated as an innate, moddable melee weapon separate from melee weapon player is carrying. It would make her power extremely unique and offers better scaling for high risk/high reward playstyle.

Although her godmode is definitely a goner at this point, she will be fun to play.

It's ironic, but godmode makes the current Hysteria somewhat usable. Imagine air punching without it, would be even more useless lol. Thankfully DE listened and she gets new nice animations so I hope they remove the god mode as well, we won't be needing it anymore.

Valkyr's claws are getting a rework (see last devstream summary for more info), also, they're already using some of your melee weapon's mods/stats and will get a separate moveset.

I know, I just wish for some freedom in customisation. Like installing different set of mods on melee weapon and Hysteria claws (like crit build for weapon and is raw damage build for claws). Or setting favorite stance for Hysteria. In my case I really like Seismic Palm, and I think it could be nice to use it in Hysteria-mode. Or you may wish to set cool Brutal Tide stance and it could be pretty badass for Hysteria-mode too.