Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions - [Consider]

Endrance

Good night,

first of all, Warframe is a game with high potential, but unfortunatly, it lacks several aspects usually searched by the online community of gamers.

I want also to specify that all suggestions/hints that i'm about to make, are purely my opinion, they are not a general opinion.

I will start with the simple stuff.

[1] - Game Difficulty

Problem - Difficulty

The game is absurdly easy, either i am too good in this, or something is wrong. i only finished 3 planets (Mercury, Venus and Saturn) all solo. Only infestation missions gave me problems due high ammount of enemies at the same time. Some of the Boss were also a bit difficult but nothing much.

Solutiion

Add a second difficulty, making players able to select which difficulty they wish to try the mission. I would suggest a total of 3

Normal (the actual one)

Extreme (+50% status to all enemies, also increasing the ammount of enemies in the mission by the same +50% and around +25% better loot)

Epic (+75% status and +50% loot)

To prevent "easy" farming in a good team, i would suggest the Extreme difficulty be a buyable item for credits or platinum, time limited, like the one already done for extra Mastery for 7 days.

Epic difficulty would be only for platinum buyers and founder members.

NOTE: Joining a session does not require having the difficulty, only the host needs it.

[2] - Lack of

Problem - Lack of information and Equipment

I know the game is recent, but there is a huge lack of information, you have a hard time to find out what you want. Took me like 3h to find that you can choose either buy dual skana with credits or platinum on the same link. Me and my friends all though it required both.

About equipments, i understand its an "upgrading" game, but the variaty of choice is quite small, not to mention you have more weapon types than others, today on the update was added a longsword which sound fantastic and a heavy hammer if not mistaked.

Solution

On the website create a specific place for weapons information and stuff.

About lack of gear, create more like you have created on this new update.

PS: Warframe.wikia isn't accurate nor near complete.

[3] - PvP

Problem - PvP Aspect

This is a fantastic Action game, PvP feature should be created. The game mechanics work smoothly, the speed and aiming is quite nice, there is basacly no reason for not having a PvP plataform.

Solution

Add a PvP plataform.

The simpliest way to make it, would use the current mission system. Just replace the "player" side with Team 1, and the enemy side with Team 2

Like for example, on a defend mission, Team 1 would need to defend it from Team 2.

On assassinate, at the beginning of the game, one member would get that "reddish" aura you get when you grab the datamass, and the enemy players would need to kill that player.

There is a wide variaty of mission that can be used.

The maps, could either be new ones, made specificly for this porpuse, or use the actual one, but controlled due the size of them, unless, the PvP plataform would allow more then 8 players (4 on each team)

[4] - Trade

Problem - No market

Why is there no market option? I mean, not Player > CPU and CPU > Player, but actually Player > Player trades.

I get alot of mods that due my playstyle are completely useless, i know i can sell it, but if i could trade it with someone for something better for my game, that would be better right?

Solution

Creating one of the following would be fantastic:

- Basic trade, on chat announce and later on right click and select trade to initiate a trading window for the porpuse.

- Auction house, where you would put your mod to sale.

By the game lore, the Tenno are mercenaries, so why not also merchant with the loot they got?

I believe i've statet all of my opinion, i hope they are implemented, although not with my hopes up, but since it's a BETA, there is still time.

Regards

Endrance

Edited by Endrance

I dislike the idea with the difficulties, why should you pay for 1 or 2 difficulties if the game itself becomes hard enough? ( Try high level planets as example) Besides, everyone would just take the highest available, because of the extra/better loot.

[1] - Game Difficulty

Problem - Difficulty

The game is absurdly easy, either i am too good in this, or something is wrong. i only finished 3 planets (Mercury, Venus and Saturn) all solo. Only infestation missions gave me problems due high ammount of enemies at the same time. Some of the Boss were also a bit difficult but nothing much.

Solutiion

Add a second difficulty, making players able to select which difficulty they wish to try the mission. I would suggest a total of 3

Normal (the actual one)

Extreme (+50% status to all enemies, also increasing the ammount of enemies in the mission by the same +50% and around +25% better loot)

Epic (+75% status and +50% loot)

Just want to say this to DE don't only increase HP cause that's not fun only more time consuming, the right thing to do IMO is to increase movement speed,attack speed,damage,etc. on enemies or even give them new moves.

I'll go over this quick, as I'm strapped for time at the moment. First things first, you should know most of these things have already been suggested.

1. Game difficulty has been a very hot topic, and has been discussed over and over. The one new idea you brought to the table was also rather ridiculous, as having a difficulty bought with money would directly conflict with the idea of F2P that DE has come with, that allows everthing to be accessed by everyone, even by people who decide not to pay.

2. Well, first of all there is a wiki that you can find and access easily, just google warframe wiki and you'll find it easily, and second of all, as you have said yourself, this is a beta, and content is for sure being added, created, and brainstormed by DE as we speak, so it's a rather moot suggestion.

3. PVP has been discussed on this forum so many times it sickening, and reading the FAQ would have answered your questions easily if you would have read the first question.

4. Trade might be implemented, but this is being highly debated, as seen in many threads with people that have much better comments to give than i do on the issue.

I dislike the idea with the difficulties, why should you pay for 1 or 2 difficulties if the game itself becomes hard enough? ( Try high level planets as example) Besides, everyone would just take the highest available, because of the extra/better loot.

The mission would take longer to finish cause of the increased amount of enemies and their damage is hopefully gonna go up too. Besides nobody is gonna do low lvl with high difficulty cause they don't drop good mods since they only drop common mods.

I don't think difficulty should cost anything, but I think you need more than just basic number boosts. Better AI, if possible, more hazards could make it more interesting, maybe even special unit types only seen in Hard/Extreme.

Hard Units

Grineer Boltor-Uses a shield piercing bolt rifle. Lor RoF, moderate damage, heavily armored. Normal unit, not a heavy.

Corpus Rider-A modified Moa with a Sniper riding inside. THe Moa moves around and makes it hard to target, the Sniper snipes. The Sniper should be able to jump ship when the Moa dies and become an ordinary (and soon to be dead) Sniper Crewman.

Infested Ravager-A very high speed infested that drops part of its flesh on you with each hit, acting like a Leech from a Leech Osprey.

Extreme Units

Grineer General-Spawns one or two Rollers at a time, very high HP, like a higher damage Lancer but also buffs and heals surrounding units, possibly using stuf like Electric Shield to provide his allies cover.

Corpus Pack-Inspired by the Hyena, a series of extra small, extra weak Hyenas. Shouldn't be too hard to kill, but should swarm in packs of 4-8, I think.

Ancient Frame-An Infested Warframe. Similar to the Stalker, but slower and with less abilities. But you'll probably encounter more than one, and enemies are on his side.

Hello. An idea for the character customization... Most of these present helmets look like crap(I would reccomend fetching some ideas from other games or for that sake in real life and merge those ideas into the wanted items. It would be an idea to be able to change other parts of the units body(meaning that you'd be able to put extra apparell on the torso)... Yeah the pants also need to be customizable.

You guys should also adjust the sights on these weapons(exspecially Snipertron/Sniperton, it just isn't the same without a scope)

That's all, Cheers

[size=2][size=2][size=3]1 - yes, plus I believe DE already has it on the table for a future patch.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=2][size=3]2 - yes and it is something they are already working on.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=2][size=3]3 - No, heck no. Only time PvP is acceptable is if the game is built around it to begin with (e.g. Planetside). Not to mention in my experience, the PvE side ends up getting borked due to the devs trying to balance for PvP: I've seen this happen in a number of games. Even using different rulesets is no guarantee, as a lot of players just don't like having to 'relearn' how their stuff works between the different modes (City of Heroes had this issue: once the devs went with a different ruleset for PvP, most players just plain quit doing PvP at all: the PvP zones were empty save for those going in just for badges and a couple other things).[/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=2][size=3]4 - yes and that's already on the table for them as well.[/size][/size][/size]

1. It's been discussed already, I believe they stated this somewhere. You obviously haven't reached pluto or sedna where a few grineers will DESTROY you. 2. New game, Equipment is being added, wiki is accurate and has the new weapon added already - That's accurate and fast. 3. PvP IS going to happen, in the faq it has been stated that they are MAKING pvp, just finishing PVE first. 4. Yes and no, trading usually creates more issues then it's worth, look at D3, or any other game such as wow, 3rd party websites, selling mods, credits, and more. Not worth it, farming is EASY in this game.

I dislike the PvP idea

especially if they make it mandatory

so that the only way you can go on playing

or upgrading

or getting a specific gear item or something

is by playing PvP

So either very very limited, optional and reclusive PvP

or none at all

in other news

can anyone suggest a PvE game that actually does it at least half as right as Warframe?