Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Enemies Ideas

3XT3RM1NATUS

Grineer Juggernaut:

Basicaly a melee Grineer heavy. Comes with a bigger version of lancer's shield and with Manticore axe.

Something like this:

ironhandsterminator10.jpg

Grineer Penal Legionnaries:

Captured Corpus crewmen, people who opossed Grineer idiology, criminals, etc.

Grineer version of chargers/runners. Very light infantry armed with shock battons and explosive collars. Will always come in groups of 5+ men. Can swarm players, draw fire from ranged Lancers. Collars will detonate when legionnarie is about to die, stunning Tenno. Melee kills will prevent collars from detonating.

Grineer RAD Trooper:

Rare and brutal version of Grineer Trooper, those guys are armed with short range RAD throwers. Acting like flamers, RAD throwers fire a steam of highly radioactive components, dealing medium damage directly to health at close range.

exyyx9ym3ws.jpg

Corpus Commando:

Elite soldier with medium armor and shields, can cloack himself. Armed with a Corpus combat rifle (imagine something between crewman and sniper) and with a long knife.

something like this:

ljlsw5ddnj4.jpg

Corpus Combat Engineer:

Crewman armed with a shotgun and weaing a backpack. Can setup light turrets for suppressive fire and shield pylons which act like immobile shield ospreys. Also can repair MOAs and ospreys.

Later I will add new infestation units ideas.

I love them all except the penal legionnaires, runner-type enemies should be reserved for Infested.

I have this image of the Juggernauts being like Badass Nomads in Borderlands2 but with an axe instead of a gun. Mind if i add-on a little to the idea?

Juggernauts generally move like shield lancers, hiding behind their shields and slowly moving forward, with other grineers taking cover behind him. There is a slit of glass on the shield for the Juggernaut to look through. Players can break the glass by shooting through it, creating a weakspot to hit through. When the Juggernaut is around mid-range of the player, he will break into a sprint (Rhino sprint speed) towards the player and smash the hammer down when he reaches the target. He has a minor windup of lifting up his hammer where he can't move, similar to the shockwave moa but only half the charge time, giving players a chance to run. The hammer smash creates an AOE knockdown quake that can be jumped over, 75% of Fragor quake range. During and after the smash, his shield will be moved to his side, and he takes 2-3 seconds to lift his hammer back up and reposition the shield in front of him, giving players an opportunity to shoot him down.

Not sure what to say about RAD troopers, needs a little more thought.

I'm imagining the Corpus Commando as similar to the Hyperion Infiltrators in BL2 (yes BL2 again), but with a rifle instead of a sniper. It would be cool if they can attack while cloaked, but then their cloak should only leave them semi-transparent (shimmering like the Hidden, faint outline). Maybe they use the Latron?

Combat Engineer, needs to be as rare as Grineer Heavies to avoid sentry spam, not to mention sentries need to be broken relatively easily (thinking of TF2 mini-sentries, without the spammability).

I have this image of the Juggernauts being like Badass Nomads in Borderlands2 but with an axe instead of a gun. Mind if i add-on a little to the idea?

Juggernauts generally move like shield lancers, hiding behind their shields and slowly moving forward, with other grineers taking cover behind him. There is a slit of glass on the shield for the Juggernaut to look through. Players can break the glass by shooting through it, creating a weakspot to hit through. When the Juggernaut is around mid-range of the player, he will break into a sprint (Rhino sprint speed) towards the player and smash the hammer down when he reaches the target. He has a minor windup of lifting up his hammer where he can't move, similar to the shockwave moa but only half the charge time, giving players a chance to run. The hammer smash creates an AOE knockdown quake that can be jumped over, 75% of Fragor quake range. During and after the smash, his shield will be moved to his side, and he takes 2-3 seconds to lift his hammer back up and reposition the shield in front of him, giving players an opportunity to shoot him down.

Exactly my thoughts :D

I'm imagining the Corpus Commando as similar to the Hyperion Infiltrators in BL2 (yes BL2 again), but with a rifle instead of a sniper. It would be cool if they can attack while cloaked, but then their cloak should only leave them semi-transparent (shimmering like the Hidden, faint outline). Maybe they use the Latron?

Actually, I wanted Corpus Commando with shotgun, but this idea is pretty common through (ME3 Geth Hunter, BL2 Hyperion Infiltrator). Yess, the Latron will fit perfectly.

Combat Engineer, needs to be as rare as Grineer Heavies to avoid sentry spam, not to mention sentries need to be broken relatively easily (thinking of TF2 mini-sentries, without the spammability).

Actually, I took idea from ME3, those guys were cool and carried Cerberus along with Phantoms in MP.