The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small Bit Of Laptop Help Needed.

DecapitatingJim

Okay so I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y500, love this thing and had it for just over a year. Sadly the clips under the D key broke last night and have caused it to permanently sink into the keyboard. They key still works, but it's just a little annoying having it sunken in. So I was thinking of ordering a replacement key from http://www.laptopkey.com/KeyboardKeys.php/Lenovo/IdeaPad/Y500'>this site

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has used that site before, and does anyone have experience with that kind of keyboard or laptop - is it safe to take the keys out and how would one go about it without just yanking it out. 

Thank in advance for any help.

Oh before anyone asks, I don't want to go through warrenty, because Lenovo warranty doesn't cover it, you have to take the laptop into a center, there isn't any near me, and they don't do individual key replacements, only the entire keyboard.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

According to some reviews seen online for this particular problem, I would suggest just plugging in a USB Keyboard and using that.

There are multiple complaints about the keys breaking for your brand of laptop, just from a simple google search.

Problem is all my usb ports are used and I really don't want to have to dedicate one to a keyboard. I'm fine with having to replace keys if it's easy honestly. Also I know why this key broke and I don't intend on re-braking it. 

Lets just say Castle crashers is a brutal game to play on keyboard ;P

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Problem is all my usb ports are used and I really don't want to have to dedicate one to a keyboard. I'm fine with having to replace keys if it's easy honestly. Also I know why this key broke and I don't intend on re-braking it. 

Lets just say Castle crashers is a brutal game to play on keyboard ;P

Ah.

In that case, I would go for it and hope for the best.