Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Suggestions, Feedback Appreciated

Scorchling

Hi! I got some thinking going and came up with some suggestions I think would improve this game. Hard to tell if you all agree. So let's here what you think :) All ideas are not that polished, just some crude basic designs so please bear with me.

New game mode. The digging site, every time you finish a lvl you can take an elevator/path down to the next, each lvl gets harder as you progress. Fixed rewards per lvl?

New game mode. One warframe starts fighting vs increasingly harder waves. The other 3 have to join him/her asap. If the defending warframe dies it's over. The other warframes will have to travel from different routes and the paths varies in length for them. Starting positions are random to prevent abuse. The squad can bring only one of every warframe. Fixed amount of waves?

consumables (crafted via blueprints/bought):

.change/add polarity on weapons and/or warframes

.change polarity on mods

.split mods

Maybe we can have an option turn in different sets of basic/upgraded mods for rewards (other rare mods/weapons/warframes).

Happy hunting! (when the servers are back to normal, for now I guess we will have to be content with hunting the forums :P)

edit: about the polarity stuff, I did not write it, but I agree that restrictions could be in place, like change max one polarity slot/ ad one polarity slot only if the weapon got none or any other fitting restriction. thanks for your feedback pointing out some flaws in my post Ethics and Digitalmaster! but as I said, just crude ideas so keep commenting!

regarding the new game modes I did not write (as you can see it's much I did not write initially :P) that those should be some kind of end game content for squads that can work together, clanmembers/friends. I would like to see them really hard and brutal.

Edited by Scorchling

"New game mode. The digging site, every time you finish a lvl you can take an elevator/path down to the next, each lvl gets harder as you progress. Fixed rewards per lvl?"

Seems very similar to the endless defense, apart from a reward every level and you move instead of defending a set point, i guess it could allow the use of different tilesets instead of the same level each time.

"New game mode. One warframe starts fighting vs increasingly harder waves. The other 3 have to join him/her asap. If the defending warframe dies it's over. The other warframes will have to travel from different routes and the paths varies in length for them. Starting positions are random to prevent abuse. The squad can bring only one of every warframe. Fixed amount of waves?"

I fully support the idea of teamwork, communication and panicy moments but i think this method might be hard to achieve with decent results, if the defending play disconnects or is afk, or just generally not very good it's going to be frustrating for the others, likewise if the people trying to get to you have the same problems.. frustration.Also limiting what people can use at bests annoys people, at worst completly writes some people out of the missions.

".change/add polarity on weapons and/or warframes

.change polarity on mods

.split mods"

Whilst adding a lot more build options and customisation the ploarity is designed as part of the frames role, allowing a player to circumvent this introduces a lot of balancing exercises and excess work for the devs.

I definatly applaud your efforts and want to help the game improve but maybe things need to be considered above "that would be really cool" (which, they would :))

Edited by ethics

About the Consumables:

the polarity is there to prevent Overpowered builds and weapons so this is a nono

About the game modes:

Both sound very interesting but would lag for everyone since there would be a large sum of enemies on the Map (the second idea)

the first one should be name "The Complex"

Edited by DigitalMaster

edited the OP with:

about the polarity stuff, I did not write it, but I agree that restrictions could be in place, like change max one polarity slot/ ad one polarity slot only if the weapon got none or any other fitting restriction. thanks for your feedback pointing out some flaws in my post Ethics and Digitalmaster! but as I said, just crude ideas so keep commenting!

regarding the new game modes I did not write (as you can see it's much I did not write initially :P) that those should be some kind of end game content for squads that can work together, clanmembers/friends. I would like to see them really hard and brutal.

I'm down with the ability to add a polarity to weapons with none if it was a rare item, Gives me something else to hunt for :D like i said it's commendable to come up with ideas. Especially presenting them to the all knowing internets. The devs are also obviously paying close attention to player feedback and very pro-active at considering them so they can never hurt. Plus structured, informed respectful discussion amongst the community is a good thing.

I also favour hard missions that require thought, i play with housemates and communication is never a problem (unless someone drank the last beer, then there will be awkward silence, mistrust and frosty receptions at every corner) but a lot of people play solo or with random people so making content not suitable for a large part of the playerbase can be financial suicide :)