Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diving, Rolling, And Blocking Feedback

Babalenong

max payne style

pls

rolling after jump>shoot is what makes me avoid doing jump shoot, because it felt... annoying

and rolling should give a invicibility frame, like what monster hunter did and other games, to make rolling more a viable option (and to dodge those pesky strechty arm ancients)

blocking is really useless, how about using block transfers incoming damage to stamina, so high stamina builds would be viable for melee play

suggestions?

How would taking the brunt of an impact INCREASE your stamina? if anything it would fatigue you and reduce it,

You could also use it for mitigating damage by applying damage to stamina instead of health/shields. That way lightweight frames can use blocking as viable damage reduction through blocking and you limit the impact of blocks if your stamina depletes

thats what he was suggesting.

Sprint Jump, Slide in the air....

Problem solved, on top of that it opens up for more interesting combos as you can jump again from slide + you knock enemies down you kick in the air........................................................................................

I use roll all the time to dodge Heavy attacks from lets say disruptors or anything the like, i also use it to get closer to enemies dodging their shots, super usefull, i jump alot aswell while shooting just hit crouch before i land its not that hard......................................................................................................................

EDIT: And yes i use block alot too while sprinting towards my enemies and it helps me alot

Edited by Feddy

funny, blocking starts feeling lame for me, because i realize, that i still loose energy. approaching the enemy with block, should give you the opportunity of full negatiating some sort of bullets.

lets say

100% negation:

- Moa lasers, since they are slow and big

- Rolling BladeBalls, because it would take the fight against them to another level.

- any blade or fist melee attack of normal enemies, which rewards you with no staggering.

in reward your stamina can drown harder, since you are rewarded with kind of invulnerability.

Partly negation:

-traditional rifle bullets, since they are small and fast

-ancient slingattacks, resulting in maybe no staggering effect, but same damage delt or vice versa

no negation:

- explosions

- all or most elemental damage delt cant be blocked.

- other stuff that i might have forgotten ;)

i would like to see blocking as a meleebased alternative to dodging or evading. making block a great way to negate staggering and stunning forces. having blocked a staggering/stun force successfully drowns your stamina pretty much, but gives you the chance to use your last breath moving/dodging away, instead of beeing stunned immobile.

Blocking staggering or stunning attacks could even result in the tenno beeing pushed back, to get the feeling of the power of absorbing that force. this way you could think of some nice combatsituations with ancients or bossmonsters, ensuring that melee attackers get pushed away and cant deal damage, just as if they would when they got stunned, but with the only difference that they did not lose any or too much energy.

thanks for reading

Edited by Kronk

rolling after jump

what do you suggest then? that you just completely stop after you touch the ground? while in a forward diving pose?

i mean like in max payne games, you dive, when you touch the ground you slide through the ground, would add an extra cool factor on the game and pretty neat for going from cover through cover

Block negating damage completely would be cool to see if every attack blocked took out chunks in stamina, making stam max mods super useful.

thats what im trying to say, sorry i wrote the OP on midnight and was so sleepy