Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enough With The Teleports!

Kdansky

I find it very aggravating to be teleported around against my will with not even the smallest possibility of avoiding it. Whenever a Loki joins my game I roll my eyes.

But the worst offender are level 25+ Grineer missions while solo. When you get teleported five times in a row (I'm not kidding, this has happened again two minutes ago), end up three rooms away from where you started, completely in the open and adjacent to two dozen gun-toting Greneer who have super-human reaction time and will instantly start focusing you down, it's really not fun. Then you get your bearings and manage to get away behind a few crates (and you only lost 80% of your health and burned 100 energy to do so), but one of those guys gets a line of sight, and you get teleported five times more, only to end up where you started, but of course, two squads have spawned, and you die.

That's not challenge, that's just random death with no option to fight back. I like challenge. I love Dark Souls. But if you don't have a power that makes you invulnerable or invisible, then you have absolutely no choice in the matter.

It's like a 10 second stun-lock, except you also end up somewhere else. When was it ever interesting to get stunned for 10 seconds? Never. It's bad game design.

Unavoidable teleports are unfair (make them a slowish (speed 50?) projectile!), respawning squads are very questionable, and if both happen multiple times in a few seconds, you might as well have a random event "rocks fall, everyone dies". It's also especially problematic in how this scales: With four players, it's a nuissance. Solo, it's certain death. I would like a difficulty between "way too easy because we are four people" and "you randomly die because you're solo". That's a huge problem right now, but you can't fix it while there are clearly broken abilities flying around.

Edited by Kdansky

I've never died due to teleportation.

Play more solo, and have more bad luck. If you get teleported five times in perfect sequence (can't even press a button before the animation happens again), you're just screwed. It's not so much the dying that I mind, it's the lack of control. If I don't want to be in control of my character, I'll play some Snakes And Ladders, not a decent, modern game.

In essence, it's the same complaint as the stun-locks due to roller balls: Losing control of your character is the most disempowering thing in a game. Except the teleports are much less avoidable as the rollers. I find the rollers a bit annoying, but I can deal with them with things like Slash Dash, or running and gunning, or even melee attacks. But the teleports? Nope, sorry, can't dodge those, and they can use it on you even if they are so far away that they are too small to actually see with the naked eye.

Edited by Kdansky