Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Point In The Stalker?

Imbaland

Never thought I would see elitists in a single player game. You are basically the bottom of the barrel.

Also, rofl at letting the other NPCs attack the stalker for you. That is also cheesing him. The only fair way to beat the stalker is 1v1, no invisibility, no tanking his hits in melee. Anything else is just abusing his $&*&*#(%& AI.

Wait wait wait...

Elitist? What elitist? We just used what we have at our disposal to beat him.

For one, I didn't let other NPCs attack my Stalker since he appeared to me (sounds like some deity lol) when I was alone.

I beat him 1v1 with one revive on both my Rhino and Volt. Rhino is a tank, so basically I Gram'med and Strun'ned his face with Iron Skin (using anything at your disposal).

For Volt, I just ran around, Shock him a bit, used Overload a bit (a huge bit), and shot him quite a bit (a very big bit) using a Burston and a Kraken.

In situations like this where survival is the top priority, learn to be patient and use EVERYTHING at your disposal. Including explosive barrels of course.

When I played my excalibur, I had some big problems killing that guy, maybe I just didnt get "how" to kill him.

But why is the OP raging about wasting his revives?! The Stalker appears most the time at the begin of an mission, so you can just abort the mission and start it again...whiners and their logic.

Now I have my Rhino already on rank 20, killed a hell lot of bosses and he didn't appeared even once. :(

Guess I scared him off...

You show quite clearly in this post how you just don't understand.

Why do people play single player games? Well, its to be given a challenge that they then overcome through the use of their skill.

By your own admission, you state how hard it was to fight the stalker with one frame, while your Rhino clearly scared him off because it would be so easy. Right there, the skill aspect has been removed. Its no longer about the player, its about the items. Its about the warframe and the weapons. If they introduce an enemy that is so hard to beat with one setup, and so unbelievably easy to beat with another, why even play the game? Its abundantly obvious that YOU mean nothing, its only your gear that matters?

And when people realise this, what do you think they will do? Accept it? A F2P game that they have yet to invest any cash into? Hell no, they will just leave and go play something else.

Why do people play single player games? Well, its to be given a challenge that they then overcome through the use of their skill.

By your own admission, you state how hard it was to fight the stalker with one frame, while your Rhino clearly scared him off because it would be so easy. Right there, the skill aspect has been removed. Its no longer about the player, its about the items. Its about the warframe and the weapons. If they introduce an enemy that is so hard to beat with one setup, and so unbelievably easy to beat with another, why even play the game? Its abundantly obvious that YOU mean nothing, its only your gear that matters?

And when people realise this, what do you think they will do? Accept it? A F2P game that they have yet to invest any cash into? Hell no, they will just leave and go play something else.

If you don't like the game, don't play it, go play some other game.

If you don't want to spend money on this game, don't.

And yes, a lot of us HAVE accepted that the Stalker is there for a challenge.

Not accepting that he is indeed a challenge is accepting that you are a failure.

Don't say I'm hard hearted at this, but you are just a whiny brat.

Edited by parkel

Never thought I would see elitists in a single player game. You are basically the bottom of the barrel.

>552 health

You're joking right? You basically just out leveled him. Well done on standing in one spot face tanking his hits. Try doing it with 175/175.

You try sitting in one spot. Any amount of shield and health wouldn't allow you to survive the Stalker's onslaught, unless you were Rhino with Iron Skin.

w6cLhNq.jpg

No, my young raging Tenno; It was but carefully executed Slash Dashes.

Edited by Shaftronics

Hey, maybe if you ignore the points against you long enough, they'll go away. Right? If you just keep spouting the same lie over and over again, it'll eventually become truth, right?

In situations like this where survival is the top priority, learn to be patient and use EVERYTHING at your disposal. Including explosive barrels of course.

I have the default pistol, a Paris (which I have now swapped out for a snipetron), the swap ability, and the invisibility ability. The decoy ability doesn't work against stalkers. I can't use invisibility to attack in melee because that is cheesing.

How do I use these things to beat someone who kills me in five shots and from whome I cannot get more than 10 meters away from?

Uh, this is a 4-player coop game...you sure that you're playing Warframe?

Also, rofl at letting the other NPCs attack the stalker for you. That is also cheesing him. The only fair way to beat the stalker is 1v1, no invisibility, no tanking his hits in melee. Anything else is just abusing his $&*&*#(%& AI.

Wait a moment, hold on.

First you're complaining how hard he is to beat and that it is completly impossible for you, now people are sending you suggestions "how" you can beat him.

There is a "fair" way to kill an NPC ?! Guess you're smoking some good stuff...

>552 health

You're joking right? You basically just out leveled him. Well done on standing in one spot face tanking his hits. Try doing it with 175/175.

Why would he? Redirection and Vitality mods are exactly for that! Having more Shield and HP so you can tank some more hits!

What the f*ck are you talking about?!

I cleary said that I wasn't giving a damn about understanding his combat mechanic, people can kill him with every frame and equipment if they do it right.

You're the one that doesn't understand anything, and obv. neither the game or the game mechanics (Yes, stalker is part of that.) so you're complaining about it...

Gonna contact a Moderator to close your Thread for obvious reasons (Trolling, whining without valid arguments etc.)

Edited by Mr.Mango

Oh man, i love the vote this post addition...

Also, if you die, only use your revives when you know you just around the corner or something from the extract. Not 2 minutes after you started. If you died 2 mins after you started the mission, then forfeit! There is really nothing to lose...

Wait a moment, hold on.

First you're complaining how hard he is to beat and that it is completly impossible for you, now people are sending you suggestions "how" you can beat him.

There is a "fair" way to kill an NPC ?! Guess you're smoking some good stuff...

No, I've already been given the top tip on how to kill him. Jump onto a box somewhere and take advantage of the atrocious AI. Please explain how running into 20 other enemies and watching him flail about like a moron is any different to this. If you use a tactic that a monkey with half a brain would be able to counter to defeat the stalker, then I'm sorry, this encounter has no place in the game.

It was the exact same story with Diablo 3. The way people "beat" inferno was to bug the AI out to amazing degrees, and to them, that was how the game was meant to be played. Sorry, but if warframe is like that, then maybe this game really isn't for me.

Sorry to all the elitists, but this thread hasn't been about how to possibly kill the stalker. I play Loki, all I have to do is get full energy and do 3 invisibilities and hack him to death. WOW, how exciting.

Sorry, but cheesing AI is not my idea of having a good time. If he can't be beaten legitimately, then I don't want to beat him at all.

Here is a simple way to tell whether a way is "legitimate" or not.

If someone tried to do the same thing to you, would you be able to counter it with the simplest of strategies?

For example: going invisible and hacking the stalker to death.

If you saw a very deadly enemy go invisible in front of you, what would you do? Would you stand there like an idiot doing nothing? Or would you simply run as fast as you can in a direction away from that location?

Too easy a counter -> cheese

For example: letting a horde of enemies kill the stalker.

If someone you were chasing ran into a horde of enemies, would you run into them as well wearing your most offensive t-shirt and blowing as loud as you could on a vuvuzela? No, you would just watch and lol while the moron died.

Too easy to counter -> cheese

People seem to have the attitude of "anything goes" when fighting NPCs. If jumping on a box works to defeat the big powerful boss, well hell, anything goes right? Well that isn't how I play. If it can't be done legitimately, 1v1, by myself, then why do it at all. What do I prove by defeating bad AI?

Edited by Imbaland

I skim the forums, try to find useful info, and enjoy watcthing some hilarious QQ threads about stupid things. Imbaland made me post, don't bother with him, check his post history. Either a troll or truly dedicated to hating things and doing them anyway.

On topic, Only seen stalker twice, Hard as nails but I enjoyed it both times, I died once solo, and the other he gibbed a teammate. But it was tense and added atmosphere to an otherwise average run.

Edited by Antjenks

Problem is he was put in poorly and scales for difficulty poorly.. He's a rare powerful boss that drops nothing and can't be prevented. Killing him should drop something nice and it should flag your account for so long that prevents him from showing up.

So you're saying that he can't be beaten legitimately?

Hey buddy, read this:

Too bad that's not the only way he can be beaten. It's possible to not be Rhino and still kill him in a fair fight, you just need to be smart. Use cover, strafe, that route.

Incorrect. Recharge your shields, reload your pea shooter, catch your breath, maneuver around if he chases you. It's not impossible, it's just a battle of endurance.

He can be beaten legitimately, you're just choosing not to acknowledge that fact because it invalidates your entire argument. At this point, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. A troll, through and through.

Nothing fruitful will come from monitoring this thread any further. I suggest everyone go about their business, and never give a post by Imbaland the time of day again.

Sorry to all the elitists, but this thread hasn't been about how to possibly kill the stalker. I play Loki, all I have to do is get full energy and do 3 invisibilities and hack him to death. WOW, how exciting.

Sorry, but cheesing AI is not my idea of having a good time. If he can't be beaten legitimately, then I don't want to beat him at all.

Using your powers = not being legit? Ok, sure thing. More like you fail, not the game.

You seem to have rage/anger issues if being killed by the stalker would motivate you to un-install. Go be a pouty child some place else.

Edited by Battleseed

From what I can tell, the only real reason the stalker is in the game is to promote real money payment for revives. Today I got my first light flickers, and taunts from a stalker, and I thought "awesome, this is going to be cool", then he suddenly appeared, shot me five times with an automatic rifle, and I died.

It wasn't fun, it wasn't challenging, it wasn't exciting. It was just stupid. The only possible way anyone could have beaten it in my situation was to bug out the AI, which I couldn't find a way to do in under a second.

So is the only reason for this event to eat up revives and seriously annoy players?

if you kill him and he drops a mod. its usually worth the ammo and fight. got a banshee system blueprint from him, something i wasnt able to get in over 200 rounds of defense.

then again he has only dropped a mod for me once out of the 10 times i vsed him(5 times he killed me, 2 times he ran away at 10% hp, 2 times he dropped nothing, and 1 time he dropped mod)

honestly if you solo you screwed. if you with a team and you all know who he after. it easy to hide behind the people he nto after and catch him in a crossfire from hell.