The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why God Why?

darthdart

If you're left soloing the defense of a pod/console while three nitwits run around 3 rooms over, just sit there and watch the enemies destroy it.

It's a fabulous opportunity to teach them all a lesson in self-reliance.

^ This. Of course, then you've wasted your time but... meh. Poetic.

At this point, I've completely quit doing pubs, altogether, due to this. The "copter" or "rushing" (I don't really stay informed to terms) pretty much makes a stupid joke out of something that, in my opinion, requires a LOT of hard work, creativity and patience to create (and maintain), so I mostly avoid other players, entirely (except for my wife, who shares the same play style).

Something else that seems to have been completely absent in arguments - many of us simply enjoy the architecture! It's totally kick_$$ and, if I wanted efficiency to be the only factor in my interactive entertainment, I'd simply ask my boss if he'd monitor my gaming for effective time management, during work hours; and so, that argument is null, as I see it.

Sitting at almost 3000 hours now, and have yet to lose my sense of wonder for what Digital Extremes has created for us, at no cost to us. I still stand in awe of that, and will continue to do so, indefinitely.

Oh, and, *BUMP* :)

Edited by Haemel