Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Votemigrate For Lag Issues?

Reciprocity

Hi all, I just started playing recently, so don't hate me for riding the open beta wave if you can help it.

I love the game and have really enjoyed playing this weekend, save for one aspect- Lag and connection issues.

Occasionally I'll connect to a session where the lag will spike to the point that I'm waiting for doors to open. Most times, it spikes here and there, but there are a few sessions that are really unplayable due to the lag. I'll ask in chat if other are experiencing the same thing, and I often get 2 yesses, and 1 no (host).

My options? I can abandon the mission or just "muscle through it" to get the mission rewards.

I had a session tonight that I joined, trying to get the Rhino BP. It was laggy, but still sort of functional. By the time we were fighting the Jackal, it had gotten worse. No one except the host could get the timing right to really cause significant damage to the Jackal, so it took us nearly 30 minutes to finish him off. I didn't want to quit, in case we were able to get the BP, but it was a miserable session.

I think this problem could be solved with one simple thing- VoteMigrate. Just have an option in the escape menu that is just "Vote to Migrate Host". If the lag is bad for 2 or more people, migrate the host to whomever has the next lowest ping. This way, players have some control over the lag, but it's not as harsh as votekicking someone for being laggy.

Thanks for your time.