Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobility Ideas Thread

CyberJellos

Please put any more mobility Ideas you might have in comments and leave feedback on what you think about these:

Grappling hooks:
Jet packs are too loud and would kill stealth gameplay, so some hi-tech grappling hooks would be better. There would be so many things you could do with this. Getting to new places, performing new maneuvers, etc. grappling hooks would also be useful getting around underwater. This could be made as a replacement for a secondary weapon (as there is offensive potential for it as well) , or the function could be built into the warframes.

Swimming:
In the current environments there isn't any water that you can swim in. (at least not any that I know about)
A water environment such as a grineer or corpus shipyard or dock or something more unique. Having the ability to go underwater would be pretty cool too, maybe having small lights on the warframes that automatically turn on when they are underwater would be great. Grineer would have special deep sea suits and the corpus would have underwater robots.

Crawling:
Right now you can duck down, but you can't lie down on the ground and crawl. This would be useful for stealth and there could even be some special melee attacks with this.

Vehicle missions:
I don't expect this sort of thing to even be looked at anytime soon and probably won't happen and I don't know how it would work, but I might as well list it anyway. The vehicles would obviously only be available in certain missions or environments, but a mission involving piloting a high tech Tenno war machine could be interesting.

Climbing:
Rright now the closest thing to climbing in the game is wallrunning and jumping, there needs to be a way to actually climb.
Also with the grappling hooks, instead of (like in some games) firing a hook, then falling, then firing another hook as your falling, you can latch on to a wall and start climbing and then firing the next hook.

If even just a few of these were to be put into the game, it would be an incredibly massive improvement and would make the game seem a lot more complete. I want to see all of these in the game except for the vehicle, which I'm not sure about. And it would be absolutely awesome to have these mobility options to play with. (especially the grappling hooks)

Please +1 this topic and comment as it will make it so that it is more likely that the devs will see this.

Edited by Uaneped

Swimming would be used IF they create a level with water, which would be earth, other planets don't really have water. (reallisticly) Grapple hooks, I don't see much use for them currently, besides the big elevator shafts in the grineer mining levels. Once the tile set gets expanded, i'm sure it will be a lot better. I'd think it might be *overpowered* and grappling hooks should replace a secondary.

If anyone here has played the Just Cause or Just Cause 2 games. I always loved the grappling hook in that game, made everything so fun and interesting because you could do so much with it, like attaching an enemy to a ceiling and watch him dangle while you melee him like a pinata, or attaching two enemies together and watch them bang heads. Idk if it's really necessary for movement but I think it would apply some more fun mechanics that give us endless possibilities of enjoyment. Another part of just cause that i enjoyed that i doubt could apply to warframe since there is no vehicles, you could attach an enemy or practically anything to your vehicle and pull it around and use it like a wrecking ball! SO FUN!!!

Edited by FoxStarz

Swimming would be used IF they create a level with water, which would be earth, other planets don't really have water. (reallisticly) Grapple hooks, I don't see much use for them currently, besides the big elevator shafts in the grineer mining levels. Once the tile set gets expanded, i'm sure it will be a lot better. I'd think it might be *overpowered* and grappling hooks should replace a secondary.

It doesn't have to be earth, they have already brought in terraforming with the new outdoor set, as other planets are supposed to have a breathable atmosphere either.

As for the hooks replacing a secondary, That might work and I kind of like the idea but I also like the idea of all warframes having a high tech grappling system built in as well.

Edited by Uaneped

about swimming: im pretty sure they are planning to add such thing in a campaign of sorts.

about the rest: vertical mobility is currently not really needed, but i could see such things getting implemented in the future

Things like wall running weren't really needed either, but they were wanted, and that's whats improves the game.

Things like wall running weren't really needed either, but they were wanted, and that's whats improves the game.

What i said was that it's not very useful right now, do you see any mountain levels?

I'm pretty sure they would add it in if they have vertically large levels to climb.

What i said was that it's not very useful right now, do you see any mountain levels?

I'm pretty sure they would add it in if they have vertically large levels to climb.

Yes, I do actually in the new environment (you know in the one that is snowy and has all the mountains in it). Grappling would be very useful and fun with the open area as well as the asteroid base. Just not in the first environment (the space ship)

sure!

i would also love to see some unique enemies or bosses having improved mobilites like high jumps or wall walks etc.

Agreed, as soon as I read your post I immediately thought of a infested boss that can crawl all over the walls and maybe even the ceiling like a bug. I imagine that being a hell of a lot of fun. With grappling hooks you could pin yourself to the ceiling in order to get into melee when it decides to go up there, but you wouldn't be able to move as easily though. Or you could even grapple the boss itself and pull it down to the floor. Such as the Giginox form monster hunter 3 tri

Edited by Uaneped