Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Scaling For Shield Regen For Bosses On Solo.

robertliguori

The way boss shields regen is extremely difficult to handle while playing solo. In multiplayer, it's easy to reload while your buddy shoots and vice versa, but in single player, a lot of the high-end bosses like the Hyena get their shields back entirely while you reload your gun or swap your weapon out.

Given this, and given how simple it is to maintain constant fire with three or more people, I suggest that the delay factor for shield regen and speed of shield recharge scale with the number of players in the game. That way, you'll improve the need for cooperation and coordination in multiplayer games, and make high-level boss fights more viable for solo play.

I like this solution because it will also help on duo work. I actually haven't bothered to try soloing any of the shield heavy bosses because of this situation, and this solution (or something like it) would make that more feasible without making those bosses die like chumps with a full cell.

Agreed. I tried to solo a shielded boss once - using one revive and then dying again, I had brought him down to about half health. That was after a battle which lasted over 10 minutes.

Truth be told, I think the difference in difficulty between solo and party play is messed up quite badly in general. This suggestion should alleviate that discrepancy at least in boss fights.

Edited by BlueSpark