Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Warframe Mods For Me

Imbaland

I certainly wouldn't say my playstyle is completely unique, but I have't seen many people that primarily play a support sniper Loki. I stay pretty far back, and take out targets that other people can't, like the shield generators, the rollers, and distant headshottable enemies.

This means two things. Firstly, my active abilities are rarely used. I'll drop down a decoy now and then for my teammates, but that is pretty cheap and energy flows like water for the most part. Secondly, I take almost no damage. I don't think I've ever been above 5% of damage taken in a round.

So this brings me to the warframe mods. They are all basically just placeholders for me. None of them actually do anything that benefits me. I've got the redirection and health boost mod, but I don't need them because I never take damage.

My suggestion is to create some mods which promote a "glass cannon" warframe approach for players like me. It means that we can output more damage (mainly for big boss type enemies since I am only using a 4 round sniper rifle that fires very slowly), but if we get into a sticky situation, we die very quickly. At the moment my play style is kind of erratic, as I will snipe from long range,and if some stuff sneaks up on me I will just start hacking and slashing as if I'd been doing it all along.

Loki is great for up close and personal damage with invis, as support, I see your point, it would be an interesting take on playstyles, but then they would have to tailor to everybody else's needs and what not /: I tend to shoot at anything in my FoV and sometimes get crap because someone with a Paris was taking shots, not my fault they're not aiming for the head! If you're taking a Sniperton you should pack a trusty sidearm to compensate for messy situations, to up your survival chances, melee is a good way to go but not the best if being overran by multiple enemies. I like your idea, though, when I play with my Paris I hang back and take out what all I can and then once I'm out (rarely) go in with pistol/melee.

but then they would have to tailor to everybody else's needs and what not /:

They are going to have to anyway. It is becoming abundantly clear that certain Warframes are simply better at the kind of gameplay that this game is throwing at the player. Do you want an ability that makes you invisible and lets you pick 2 of the enemies in that group off, or do you want an ability that just picks them all up and instantly kills them all?

At the moment, certain warframes are there as nothing more than party tricks. Certain playstyles are being allowed, through the inclusion of certain kinds of weapons and active abilities, but ultimately punished because the ultimate way to play is to simply run and gun all the time.

Edited by Imbaland