Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Alternate Minigame Mode

RalfJones

After the rare drop rate patch, it seems the drop rates of Warframe skill cards make leveling a skill card a hassle for the new players through the duplicate fusion method or with the fusion core way. Currently, the players who either accidentally sold or fused their skill card away only have the current options:

1) Refarm the entire warframe to get the skill back

2) Make a sacrifice to the RNG gods to get their skill card back

3) Pray DE will implement a trade option so that player can get that skill back

4) Create another account and start all over. Only the new players with starter frames who didn't put much time into WF would consider this though.

I was thinking of a Warframe suit Minigame mode that gives skill cards and 1000 credits to 1st place, 500 to 2nd, 250 to 3rd, and 125 to 4th. The resale value of skill cards can be adjusted if it is abused.

Each Warframe suit has different mission types associated with their abilities. No guns allowed. These missions are meant to help everybody practice using their skills.

Excalibur Knights Battle Arena mode: They can only melee or use their abilities to take each other out. Radial Javelin and Radial Blind are deathstreaks. You can only gain access to them after dying a certain amount of times

Loki I wanna be like Metal Gear Stealth Contest: This is a stealth mission test. The Lokis have to race to the end but you have to try to reach the end with the least amount of enemy discoveries. All of Lokis abilities and Paris can be used.

Volt Speed Racing: Speedrunner's dream. Race to the end as fast you can. Shock and overload can be used to slow others down. Shield can be used to block the electric attacks. Speed gives the speed boost to outrun Volts.

Ash I wanna be like Tenchu Stealth kills test: Shuriken and Paris allowed. Bladestorm can be used but will have a possibility of being discover if it didn't hit behind the enemy. Race to the end with as many stealth kills under your belt.

Mag's Protect whatever here: Use pull, shield polarize to protect either a cryopod or hostage from enemie waves. Crush and bullet attractor can be used when appropriate. Communicate with teammates on when to use these abilities.

Rhino's Sumo challenge: Use all of his skills to try to knock other Rhinos out of the arena. Iron skin only accessible after losing a certain amount of rounds and can only be used in 1 round.

Ember's I like to burn things: Infested will rush you. You set them on fire and laugh maniacally. Other Embers might try to interfere or cooperate with you like DayZ. Want to survive longer? Work together as a team.

Trinity's I will save you!: Use her abilities wisely to protect a hostage and yourself from enemies.

Frost's You guys need to chill out: Show everybody how cool you are. Similar to Ember's zombie mode.

Nyx's Is your mind blown?: You must manipulate your squad of enemies to kill the other Nyxs' squad. Dance puppets dance!

Saryn's Poison endurance: Similar to Excalibur's arena mode. Who will be poisoned the most at the end.

Banshee SSSSHHHHH be weally weally quiet. I'm hunting here: Sonic boom to knock enemies into pits. Sonar and Silence for stealth. Paris and melee for stealth kills. Sound quake to finish the section for reduced points.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: The recent patch made certain skill cards easier to obtain with the exception of a few skill cards.  

I thought it would be better to have these minigames award credits and some profile mastery points.  Of course, not a crazy amount where it can be exploited easily to reach rank 9 or where you can buy every weapon/blueprint in store easily.

DE could make these minigames and the rank up dojo missions accessible in the clan dojo area that is coming with update 8.  It would provide some competition and give the clan members something to do in their dojo.