The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Name & Shame

Inquisitioner

I continuously see a strong opposition against "Name & Shame" whenever player names are included. I can without any issues comprehend its necessity in most cases. I'm curious whenever there actually is a forum rule against it? I have not managed to find one. The only relating point seems to be harassment which feels far off when someone simply posts a picture/chat of something which occurred to them.

I see how it can be abused to harass someone, by editing a photo of game/chat to make someone look like an scumbag or cheater. But innocent unedited pictures suffer as well. So if you name & shame by accident or on purpose alike, will the forum mods intervene?

Well, how would you feel if someone made a bad forum post about you and people start to recognize you ingame and maybe say: "Oh hey, you're that #$&(% who did this and that.."?

I cant read today.

Edited by Ogractor

I'm curious whenever there actually is a forum rule against it? I have not managed to find one. The only relating point seems to be harassment which feels far off when someone simply posts a picture/chat of something which occurred to them.

It falls under item 1, "Respect". Public humiliation is disrespectful.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/7-community-rules/

So if you name & shame by accident or on purpose alike, will the forum mods intervene?

Yes, we will. I would recommend that you course such issues (scamming, in-game trolling/abuse, etc.) through a support ticket instead.

I think it would take about 1 week of name and shame being allowed before these forums turn into a absolute ses pit. People would come on to complain about specific players because they are better than them, people would get angry and shame new players and with out the rule. Whose to decide which nameing and shaming is wrong. What if someone had a complaint about one of mods from in game, the mod would remove the topic, but then that would create an inequality.

Its just plain easier this way.

If you want to have a Name & Shame thread, then you could just make your own website or just goto reddit. They're sub forums from many games that I play/played where there is no ToS to go by, but still has some obvious rules that you must still follow, like avoid posting pron, racisit remarks, and bashing others forum goers in a personal manner.

All of them each have their own name and shame list, others have a Blacklist for cheaters and hackers like Blacklight: Retribution has on the forum itself and not a sub-forum.