Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacking Events

Grimworg

First and foremost. Love your game. :3

Now after sucking up.

Hacking in the game is easy, not overly difficult and yet you can still fail. But; Why not introduce 'stackable hacks' to simulate more difficult hacking events. It will take considerably longer to breach a door, open a reactor, steal an artifact, etc etc, similating multiable firewals the player is attempting to breach. They solve one puzzle, which is in turn opens another puzzle, which in turn can open another puzzle that must be completed on a elongated timeframe.

These hacking events should spring up only in a two or more player session, and to add to the tension, have approately scaled enemies enemies spring forth at random trying to prevent said hack, less of course they have been undetected all this time.

Also, hacking failures of anykind should alert troops to that location to investigate.

Dat is all from tired brain. o3o

I agree that hacking feels too easy. I like the puzzles, and I think im relatively good at them, so I have never really been down to the wire with any hack unless I accidentally turn things too far one too many times. I do agree with making them more exciting, as there is one really great example of exciting hacking: when the windows are blown out of the room and your doing it to keep everyone from suffocating. Besides that one event hacking is easy and relatively unimportant, because while everything is on lockdown you can just kill everything and chill in the empty locked room as long as you want. Making the need to hack more life threatening and challenging is a great way to make it actually worth keeping in the game, because at the moment it would barely make a difference if it was removed from the game altogether.

It is a fun feature though, so I think its worth keeping and refining so it contributes to the experience of doing a mission.

what if after you incressed the diffculty of hacks you have it so when you fail a hack a wave of enemys will attack and after you kill them all you can hack again this time it will be abit easier, so the people who are not that good at hacking have the abilty to be more violent to make up for there inabilty to hack