The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Terrain

denmax

Right now, there are basically around three types of toolsets being used; Corpus ship, Grineer asteroid base, and Corpus arctic outpost. On all maps, it tries to create variety among appearance, while still making it sensible enough as to why the Tenno would attack the place (I mean, attacking a city filled with innocents on earth is an obvious option, but they didn't do it). I wanna try to see if I can contribute some more ideas.

1) Grineer Biodome

- I'm not sure how the Grineer managed to feed themselves. They create billions of clones and I'm pretty sure Earth is not big enough to supply the amount of food and vegetation the race needs to keep themselves satisfied. The Corpus, though human (or at least earthling), is also a large business, so supply management and sources should be a piece of cake for them. Infestation obviously feeds itself of flesh, so they're pretty healthy as of now.

- It could be a bit similar to the arctic base outpost of Corpus (really, snow doesn't just come out of random planets in Sol - an explanation of it would also be similar to that of a biodome), except it tries to exhibit more on actual earth plantation(and maybe some/most not) rather than buildings and walled structures

- Walls are rare, which might turn off some people because walls are real useful in showcasing your ninja moves. To make up for it, the area will be filled with trees. Players can jump from tree to tree (of course, some kind of grineer treehouse might be there so to spot incoming Tenno).

- Missions relating to the Biodome could inclue Sabotage (destroy military trucks containing stuff that could destroy their military supply lines), Deception (reroute supply delivery from the Grineer fighting force). I'm emphasizing on the Tenno eliminating military supplies, rather than blowing the whole thing up. Technically, we're not really sure if Tenno are capable of killing innocents or are there to save the oppressed.

- When Infested, more possible missions come to mind.

2) Corpus Factory/Supply Depot

-Why not Grineer? I've always visualized that Grineer factories are filled up of little clones forced to do manual labor. And again, as stated earlier, we're not sure how Tenno work. The Corpus fancies on using proxies, which they could use for making supplies, which should make sense since they are a faction who engages more on business unlike all the others, where they really just hate Tenno.

-The atmosphere of the Corpus; cold, bloomy, and expensive-looking;

-Being both a factory and a supply depot (operated by robots and some crewmen, rather than unsinful beings), almost any mission can be applied for it.

3) Planet Surface

- Gravitation pumps should be located all around the surface of the planet. These grav pumps should emit a tangible, but transparent, forcefield around itself, allowing tenno to wallrune safely around.

-This map should exhibit something that no other toolset has done; making the skybox dark, much like night.

-The outside of the forcefield may sometimes be foggy (or something similar to it)

Edited by denmax