The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Secret Behind Choosing A Frame And Weapon Load Outs

GiantB

Question

Hello there Tenno!

This little guide is not just for beginners but also for advanced players to calm your nerves about choosing frames and weapons.

I have seen tons of stuff on how to choose the best weapons for warframe and other things like, what should I choose for a gun, or what is the best elemental to use!?! What are the best frames what mods should I use? How do I do this?! Then people start to get frustrated because they want to be really awesome but don't know what to choose. Well don't worry I'm here to tell you the real secret behind being and awesome warframe and what weapon load outs should you choose. But before I tell you anything let me tell you what my warframe and load out is.

I man Ash being one of the most ninja like of the warframes, to stop all the arguing between Loki and Ash we will call them brothers because they are similar but very different.

The load out that I use is the Paris bow, Lato, and the Duel zorens.

The secret of warframes and loud outs:

The creators of warframe have done an amazing thing that I don't think people realize yet. They have made these warframes and weapons so unique but strong in their own ways that no matter what you choose you will have a fun time and destroy your enemies with the wrath of the Tenno.

You see this whole game is about your preference for what you want to be, the game is not about the best frame or the best weapon it is about how much of a beast you can become with them!!

Your task:

There are only 2 things that you need to do to choose an awesome warframe and a kickass weapon ;)

1. Read and understand each of the frames and weapons (they have very straight forward descriptions in the game)

2. Choose the frame and weapon that sounds most badass to you and make sure you love it!

That's it!!!

You might be thinking noooo there has got to be a warframe that is better than the other one. But no! There is no warframe that is better than the other because its all based on preference and I don't know about you but, I don't know to many games that have nailed the preference factor in a game. So stop your worrying about picking the best one and just have fun because the creators have made each and every frame and weapon fun.

My load out described:

Now that we have been through the preference factor let me show you what I mean

Ash: I chose Ash because I love stealth characters and characters that can take care of themselves without using team help :)

And I really love the look of Ash

Paris Bow: I wanted to be a silent killer that could have medium to long range and pack one hell of a punch (upgraded bows can kill lots of enemies in one shot) I like the hunting aspect of it and makes me feel like a badass when I head shots enemies and they go flying across the map with an arrow in the face!

Lato: The Lato is just a good pistol it has some real good damage and since I don't use it that much it really didn't matter what I had :)

Duel Zorens: I had to work for these babies because you can only get them at mastery level 2 but boy do I love them!! They have high crits and very fast fire rate with multi hit function, and then with the right mods upgraded these things can sure pack a nasty little bight.

So you see I chose these load out because of preference not "is it the best?" mentality.

I really hope this helps you guys choose your frames and weapons it will make a big difference on how you play and enjoy this game.

On a last note thank you so much warframe creators for making such a personal game I'm glad I "donated" to your game :)

See ya guys!

P.s. share your load outs and why you like them if you want :)

Edited by GiantB

i want to use this thread, because i dont want to make a new one. my problem:

i want to build a "mage-like" warframe, but i cant decide which i should pick, because i dont know what fits my preferences most. the plan is to use a LOT of abilities, so focus and streamline seems like a must to me.

now to the frames: i cant decide (without knowing them) if i should choose volt/nyx/mag/ember/others. can someone explain the ups and downs of those to me and give me a hint which could be a good choice for me?

I am not probably the most indicated to explain something but from what i feel:

Trinity = healer (cleric? lol)

Ember = fire wizard.

Nyx = water mage/illusionist.

Well infact all frames could resemble something, depend on how you categorize them, example Loki has high energy pool so can cast more skills (spells) so he could be considered the wizard in the game, or also Banshee has a good energy pool (bard? a mix of magic and stealth eheh and voice ofc :P); so the choice depends on your cultural references, if you would ask to me i could say that from my experience and feelings the first warframe which i would think associated to the word "wizard" is Ember, because i played a lot at Warhammer fantasy tabletop game/paper rpg/mmorpg and the imperial fire wizard is an iconic figure of that world ^^, also fireball is a common spell in the wizard universe :D.

to specify my needs, i want to use abilities which deal damage :) but thanks for the answer... the question is more like "ember or volt", but i wanted to leave it open for the case i forgot one... I'm tending to volt at the moment, because he got the polarities, but i cant see (like i said above) which one would fit me more

Frame: Loki(30)/Frost(21) (will try ash when I got the last part)

Rifle: MK1-Braton.. why? I just love it :) 75% Dmg, 10% fire rate, 15% freeze, fire, and electric dmg and 30% armor piercing

Pistol: Aklato. 

Melee: Dual heat swords, love the look, love it against infested :) building scindo atm, 5h left

I'm pretty new to the game, so some advice would be great, atleast for Frost. about mods for him.

Paris, Viper, Dual Zorens

Paris covers all Grineer and Corpus Crewmen -- Fills burst DPS role

Viper covers Moas, anything with shields, anything that is hard to hit, and Ancients -- Fills sustained DPS role

Dual Zorens covers all Infested and anything that gets too close while I have Paris out -- Fills emergency DPS and utility role (stunlocking Ancients)

I love finding optimum loadouts in games -- I think this is a very solid contender. I havent had to consider the faction I am fighting in a looooooong time with these weapons.

I find the Paris to be effective in Grineer and Infested more than Corpus because of the moas. In team play Im useing it to knock down the single special enemys like the Achients and Grineer Flamethrowers. Plus you can solo most non-bos Grineer misions with it.

I find the Paris to be effective in Grineer and Infested more than Corpus because of the moas. In team play Im useing it to knock down the single special enemys like the Achients and Grineer Flamethrowers. Plus you can solo most non-bos Grineer misions with it.

"Paris covers all Grineer and Corpus Crewmen -- Fills burst DPS role"

I know, thats why I listed only the Crewmen.

Edited by honeybadger

For my load out:

Warframe: Banshee

Primary: Paris

Secondary: Akbolto

Melee: Fangs

Overall, I really enjoy running this set up so far. After some pistol experimentation, I settled on the akboltos for the higher damage and higher fire rate (( I did run vipers but I was burning way too much ammo)). As for the warframe... my only gripe is that all the abilities are aoe based. Instead of silence, I wish that banshee had an ability that was more long ranged or 1 on 1 focused.

Alright here gos.

First suit: Mag

i find it useful for using pull or crush most often. pull coupled with strun can pull ancient healers and unload when they are getting back up. The Crush power is reliable when you are in a tough situation with either strong units or a horde. its a horde destroyer (gotta love those templates...) and it can  crack strong units very well. Bullet attractor and shield polarize are good powers when playing with others. Bullet makes it much much easier when hitting an enemy, good for strong or agile enemies while polarize can leave a shielded enemy defensless and make him much easy to dispath.

The suit its self has an ok shield capacity and recharge, just find yourself a place and your shields are up in a little bit. It has pretty good armor and pretty good speed, but neither of the two is powerful. When i play mag, i usually rely on powers to get through hard levels so stock up on survivability mods and your ok when you run out of energy. 

Primary weapons: paris, mag isnt the strongest suit in the world so staying out of tougher situations, while dealing heavy damage to enemies is key.

Strun, good for running around and hitting hard. like doing a bombing run or something.

Secondary weapons: Aklatos with shock mods, they have a good rate of fire, are easy to acquire and with electric mods they absolutely kill corpus.

Working on getting dual vipers

Melee: Cronus with damage mods. Because i am cheap.

"Paris covers all Grineer and Corpus Crewmen -- Fills burst DPS role"

I know, thats why I listed only the Crewmen.

I did this at level 5 so Im finding this to be better moded now at level 12 aganst the moas.

Any ideas on mods for this?

I did this at level 5 so Im finding this to be better moded now at level 12 aganst the moas.

Any ideas on mods for this?

Multishot, %damage, cold damage (better vs shields), fire rate (for faster charging)

Those at minimum work well for me.  Now that crit chance has been fixed, add that and crit damage if you have space.  Other elementals work great as well.