Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag, Wtf!

kallekanin

Playing online I so often get horrible lag, IE people that should never "host" game is hosting. This is a serious problem. Is there a way to see ping of peoples games? I have not found it. People with bad connection and bad PC, should never "host" games.

Edited by kallekanin

While I do agree to some extent, I don't think the laggy people notice an issue on their screens since they're the host so they might not even be aware of how crappy it is for other people.

While they do have "Regions", those are still a pretty large area. There can definitely be lag if I'm connecting from California to some guy in New York, even if we're in the same Region. That's kind of what you get in an online game without dedicated servers.

If anything, maybe there could be some sort of matching that teams you up with people in your area, first, and then looks outside of that if there aren't enough people.

u know, that problem not only in bad IPS, PCs of people. The warframe matchmaking system is very very raw, so, let's hope they wil improve it, or make smth e.g. with their hosting servers, not players hosts.

. Is there a way to see ping of peoples games? I have not found it.

I asked De_steve about that in the twitch chat at the previous and also this recent QA,

Its coming, but got delayed because of holidays for the UI guy :)

simple as that :)

I have said it before, and probably will again....

IMHO, Most of what you experience as lag, is not lag, it is a weak CPU on the host's end!

I have five people that play together. One has a totally crappy connection in another state, one a great connection on the other side of the country, and three of us here in one house.

The one with the crappy connection has a Brand New System, the one with the great connection has an ancient system, and we have two decent and one ancient crappola machine here...

When Either of the crappy computers host a game, we get horrid gameplay that Looks like bad lag. Sliding movement, delayed gunfire, explosions from 'seemingly' no-where, et al. When Any of the new decent systems (i5/i7 systems especially) host gameplay is smooth and fun.

The game plays well, and 'lag free', even on the crappy computer. The guy with a crappy connection has no issues so long as it's not one of those machines hosting, he can host or play just fine.

This has been our experience and an ongoing experiment. ... but it truly looks to us that CPU for the host matters more.... I use linX to gauge raw power, the systems with 7 Gflop and 11 Gflop suck &#! as hosts... the ones with 19 Gflop+ seem to be good enough, mine with 48 Gflop (as currently configured just for this test, slowed it down) NEVER has any complaints when I host, private or public.

Edited by GrimmLiberty