Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion About Lag

CasualChaos

Suggestion About Lag

My understanding is that when you join an empty mission "play now" means the same thing as Host. That's the only way I can explain the occurrence of "Host Migration" its the original player leaving and the extreme lag I experience only when joining missions in progress. I can understand why the game doesn't have its own dedicated servers, so many planets and missions and they will never all be used/active at one and it would take a lot of money to run full dedicated server support.

The above is all my assumptions, I could be wrong but I doubt it. Just saying incase someone asks where did I get that information from, I worked it out from my own experience.

My suggestion is very simple.

Aswell as the match making system "finding squad" I would like the option to see a full list of squads on that mission to view the ping and Player/selected-warframe level so I can choose for myself.

If there isn't a host with Ping or level I am happy with I would like the option to host my own session rather than being forced to join an extremely laggy session or play solo or just try my luck on a different mission.

"But then people won't join laggy peoples games and that's not fair on them if their Internets bad" I don't freaking care don't make it a problem for everyone else too. They might get lonely if they start a mission of their own but they can still join missions other people have hosted and that wont cause a problem

I wan't to play co-op but its no good when you experience lag as bad as i a about to describe bellow

Joining and hearing the match going on for a full minute or 2 at the loading screen

Joining without a head or weapons, and having to wait a full minute for your weapons and gear to appear and start to work correctly

Power attack with melee weapon and wait 2 seconds until the hit is registered (is that 200 or 2000 milliseconds)

Dead enemies don't turn into rag-doll bodies and instead stand their with an idle animation making it difficult to see what is dead or alive because nothing is moving either.

Gain control of your character to find you've lost your shields and are being eaten alive by enemies that your sword passes straight through without registering a hit until 2 seconds later

Join and instantly fail the mission because everyone including you has already died while loading in.

Open or break strorage lockers and have to wait 2 seconds for it to open and around 3-4 seconds for the contents to spill out. Only to have them freeze in mid air and wait 3-5 seconds for it to confirm that you even picked them up

Falling through Elevators back to the bottom and having to call it back down to try to ride it back up, I just left at that point. A few credits isn't worth that much time and frustration.

"how is that anything to do with lag?"

I don't know how! do I sound like a networking technician, all I know is none of the above happens when I host.

PS my keyboard is damaged, I've had to use windows on screen keyboard to type the following chacters "ZXCVM , . "

I will therefore NOT be taking the time to reply as this took enough time already. Not that I am one for bothering to read replies anyway I don't like forums, feel free to discus amongst yourselves while i get back to playing the game

Edited by CasualChaos