Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Monster Suggestion And Subtle Content: Like-Like-Esque

lolk

Ever played Legend of Zelda? Then you've probably heard of the Like-Like. It is a sponge like creature that has a taste for shields - being swallowed up by this creature will damage you, and has a chance of swallowing your shield.

Apply this idea to Warframe.

What's valuable to a player in Warframe that would be comparable to this? 

Mods.

With Warframe, I feel this could be applied by adding some sort Jelly-like monster,or it could be pretty much anything. To be totally honest I think this could be fleshed out really well in combination with the Corpus faction.

Essentially, this monster would latch on to a Warframe and have a chance to do either:

A)De-level a mod one rank, and the game would generate a "random" planet that you would have to venture to, and find the Like-Like. Killing it would drop the same mod you had equipped that was stolen. Once picked up, your currently existing mod would disappear, and you would re-equip it once you got extracted from the mission.

B)Steal a mod entirely, and apply the same re-claiming "mission" as Option A.

I feel like this would offer a more immersive challenge that would differ from the norm of grinding endlessly with no deviation.

Just a thought by your friendly neighborhood of lolz.

- lolk
Edited by lolk

Screw that! All it would take is for me to lose a rare or two and I'd be done. I have a family and a full time job. So at 6-7 hours of game time total a week, I'd be set back months!

Cool idea though, but no.

I think you're misunderstanding. You would still get the item back, you'd just have to hunt down the "Like-Like" that ate it. 

I was thinking about a new mission type for this specifically, called, "Re-Possession" or something. 

Edited by lolk