Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Health System [Revised Review]

Kurochikun

Now that a few weeks have gone by and the rage died down. What do you think of the new health system?

At first I was skeptical. I had near 1000 HP and 500 Shield.
but then an important factor came to me. I am level 30... I am the MAXIMUM level I can get, it's only fair that I am at the best condition instead of dying in Mercury. Although as a con it promoted boss grinding and disuse of lower level planets.

The game is still balanced for a level 30 but as a group we only had one ocasion where we all fell but then again that was a boss.

I think it's not as bad as the original reaction but it still promotes the use of a Vitality (which was the whole reason why devs added this health to begin with)

What do you think?

in my opinion i like it, but at the same time i can see it being a little OP. How? like you said your R30, but your going for something in say lv. 10-20 and it's a boss, your stuck with other players who are MUCH weaker to say than you are. by this point you are now totally OP compared to them. thus ruining what they can get somewhat but at the same time helping. it's weird to explain and hard for me to say but if you understand thanks XD

Well I'm not sure if you were around during Closed Beta, but pre Update 7 we had shield mods that worked by 'points' rather than percentages. So you could pick up a +97 shield mod, which would add 97 shield points to your shield. You also could use several at one time, so some Rhinos had 1000+ shields and 500+ health. Even frames like Ash, Volt etc could have 800+ shields fairly easily.

So much of the AI was built around people having large amounts of shield and health anyway.