Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We're On A Ship (Or Space Rock, Or Whatever)

Mystrunner

Something that someone had pointed out, and seems very accurate to me, is that a lot of the time it does not feel like you're on a ship. Sure, you've got windows to space, but there isn't a ton of rhyme or reason to it. Levels can sprawl out all over the place, in any number of directions. I think it'd make quite a bit of sense to have one or two restrictions on the dimensions a map could take, to simulate the fact that this ship is "longer than it is wide" or something like that. 

In fact, I think it would be somewhat neat to be able to tell how "big" a level is by seeing how large the ship is on the opening cinematic. Opinions?

Edited by Mystrunner

I think you're thinking into it to much. While accuracy is all well and good, restricting the size and layout of a level just because its supposed to be a spaceship is going to end up being more depressing than having to make believe every ship were on is the size of a galatic battlecruiser and can fit 12 rooms across and 3 elevators

The level we play on and the ship we see at the start don't match that well, but that's what you get with random level generation.

It does work nicely tho from a gameplay standpoint, and is fine for now, but as the game gets more and more polished, this is something what could be taken look into.

Honestly, there's no way to know the scale of the ship from the opening cinematic for the mission.  We have no idea if the shuttle headed towards the ship barely fits 4 Tenno, or if it's the size of 747 or something.  The same is true for the ship it's approaching, we have a relative scale against the shuttle but that tells us nothing.  The dang things could be the size of a star destroyer, and a level being 12 rooms wide, and 3 levels tall is just getting you out of the flight decks.

Honestly, there's no way to know the scale of the ship from the opening cinematic for the mission.  We have no idea if the shuttle headed towards the ship barely fits 4 Tenno, or if it's the size of 747 or something.  The same is true for the ship it's approaching, we have a relative scale against the shuttle but that tells us nothing.  The dang things could be the size of a star destroyer, and a level being 12 rooms wide, and 3 levels tall is just getting you out of the flight decks.

Heck, we could be fighting on things the size of death stars, and we're just running guerrilla style fights on important areas of the ship.