The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield For The Tanky Bits

spikeyhare

So I like the idea of a shield as a melee weapon. It could take up the melee slot and have some special mods maybe. The over all idea would be that you would still have a quick melee attack in the form of a bash and then have holding down the melee button block with the shield rather then charge an attack. It could slow the person why blocking and then let them soak that many more bullets. It could either reduce the damage over all or just negate the bullets coming from the front. It wouldn't be useful against the infested but oh well just plan ahead for them. So that is just kinda the base idea for it. I would like to hear other ways to tweak it. So what do you guys think?

I like the idea of a shield, although I think for balance purposes, it would need to be a percentage damage reduce, and only from the front. It's no sword, but any reasonably shielded frame could tank a boss for their team with say, a 45% or more damage reduction,

Edited by DecaSigma

I love the idea of a shield, but they would have change a ton for the block to work with a shield. I was thinking something that could fit into the game as it stands. What about a katana set with a sheath, you can hold the sheath in the left hand and draw it with the right. You can block and hit with the sheath and when switched to other weapons it looks bad*** on your back. A lot of movies have the idea of using the sheath in combat, and to be honest not many swords and junk just stick to your back, unless you really need a bath!

Edited by ZeroPhobic