Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afuris.

NydusTemplar

I still don't think you understand. The Afuris tears things down like nothing else. You make it sound like its just another weapon. Its not. The Aklato and Afuris are not even close in terms of damage done. The Afuris does WAY more damage. You talk like Afuris is just Aklato with a different model.

If you could use the Afuris the whole mission, they would be no reason to ever use another pistol, save maybe Lex. It's called balance.

It doesn't start off weak either, I just got my Afuris last night. As soon as I got it, I went and killed Vor and some grineer with it. Unranked, it slaughtered Grineer just as well as an Akbolto. And Grineer ownage is the Akbolto's speciality.

Part of the fun of using Afuris is self control when firing and figuring out when to use it. Obviously, mowing down bosses is great. It nukes heavies too. Heavies plus bosses equals a lot of affinity. But you don't go around fighting everything with it.

As far as not being able to do spy or decption missions, a Tenno knows to bring the right tools for the job. :)

You don't always have a choice on the objective.  You could be doing a capture, and then have to run 4 data masses.  That's a liability.  And I don't think this weapon is a reskinned Aklato.  Aklato favors higher accuracy over rate of fire and such, and is suited for more mid range engagements.  I've no illusions they are two very different guns.

Besides, you make it sound like I'm asking for a bottomless ammo reserve.  I'm not asking for that at all.  Does a max Trick Mag (90% additional Maximum Ammo) let you run the weapon forever and ever without running out?  If not, than chances are another 50% isn't going to.  Going from 469 total ammo with Max Trick Mag to 669 isn't so massive as you'd think.  You'll still drain it in 9.5 clips, which is only slightly higher than the other Akimbo weapons have with their default reserve ammo.  Aklato: 210 Reserve, 30 in clip - 240/30=8 clips.  Akbolto is the same.  Dual Viper: 28 in clip, 210 in reserve.  238/28 = 8.5 clips.  I'm asking for a whooping clip and a half extra reserve ammo by default.  Heck, I'm even willing to go lower if I'm miscalculating how max ammo mods work. (I.E. if they include the default clip ammo in the calculations).

Besides, there are reasons to not use the Afuris already.  If you're using a close range primary, its redundant.  With the current enemy set up (likely to remain as a feature after fix), there are times you have to engage from a distance and you can't just face tank everything while shooting.  The Aklato has a higher sustained damage versus the Lex and is more forgiving since you can miss a shot and not lose as much.  The Akboltos seem nice, especially since they ignore armor and thus free up an otherwise required mod.  I'm sure the Afuris is very solid at what it does when heavily modded, but it needs to get there, and requiring other people on-line or using special tactics you don't have to do with any other weapon is a problem.

Edited for Math. And Science!

Edited by NydusTemplar

Hate to double post on this topic, but getting a quote worked into a different post from its origin is problematic for me.

-Snip for space-

Now, I have to disagree with you slightly on the Braton.  I never felt like this gun was dead weight.  I tend to aim for the head and fire in bursts, so it did the job rather nicely when I needed it to.  As for the 'starts weak, gets strong' model, I'm aware all weapons start weak, but some are weaker than others initially.  As I said, though, I've no issue as long as it evens out at the end.

Sure, the Afuris has gotten better at chewing enemies up, but since you must kill targets with the weapon, running more of the match with that weapon actively means more experience.  In the time I've been leveling the Afuris to its current (level 13), I managed to level a Paris to 7, and a Latron to 13.  And that was even with most of those missions requiring data mass interactions and forcing me to use the weapon.  I'm glad others haven't had the issue with it I've had, but honestly, its taking me much longer just due to the fact that it runs dry so very fast and so very often.