Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Of Infinite Possibilities.

moehammett

Hey all..

I've started playing this game abit too late, just clocked in 51++ hours, but hey.. got me hooked and proven to be worth it (hence the Hunter status). Heh..

~~~

I've so far had groomed my Excalibur, Excalibur Prime and currently 'training' Banshee. Looking forward to my ASH Warframe these next few days.

After clocking all the hours, I felt, I've been so used to using my Excalibur and Prime, I wish I could 'port' over some of the powers like the "Slash Dash" power. Banshee is kinda not my style, but loving her bow, and the sonic push-thingy.. but too weak to kill.

I was hoping.. is there a possibility that a warframe, with an ability (or Passively) to be ANY TYPE of Warframe the user desires, but retaining the look of that Warframe?

Maybe I can make my Warframe, to have the "Slash Dash" power from Excalibur Warframe, and "Teleport" power from Ash Warframe?

I think this class is a natural thing to have.

Maybe a little description or backstory about it having Mimic Capability?

To avoid the class from being too power, base stats can be super low... but it could have the capabilities to match if given time to "copy" the next Warframe.. but with much lower stats?

~~~

What I'm saying,

- New Warframe

- A versatile class

- Weak base stats (Armor/Life/Damage/Defence)

- Selective Weapons

- Warframe with Passive skill to mimic abilities, albeit much weaker. (aka Pokemon's Ditto ability)

How about it? Shoot me back..

Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by moehammett

Eeeeeeeeh..... I have to go with "no" on this one.

Mainly because the point of choosing a Warframe is that their skills are incomparable to those of another Warframe. Having what is effectively a Loki with Iron Skin, Invisibility, Energy Vampire and Chaos would completely wreak the balance of the game.

Mainly because the point of choosing a Warframe is that their skills are incomparable to those of another Warframe. Having what is effectively a Loki with Iron Skin, Invisibility, Energy Vampire and Chaos would completely wreak the balance of the game.

Or even being able to heal yourself, go invincible and absorb.

Or even being able to heal yourself, go invincible and absorb.

Even if they manage to make a weak class, with base stats as low as 40 Shield and 40 Health? Then Max at only 150 Shield and maybe 180 Health?

I Don't really see it happening.

But i did hash out the concept for such a frame.

(digs it up out of the forum)

I'm pretty sure max is base * 1.5 so then

Health: 75 Max: 112
Power: 75 Max 112
Shield Capacity 75 Max 112
Shield Recharge: 18
Armor: 10
Sprint: 1.0

Polarity: NONE. (Able to equip and use all warframe mods and all ability mods, but at full cost.)
Ability slots are still fixed, so one ability 1, one ability 2, one ablility 3 and one ability 4.

Statistics alone would make this frame by far the weakest. but it can also use all warframe mods.

Edited by Karosu

Hmm...yea, I don't think this will really fly if the warframe is a pick and choose from other warframe skills. HOWEVER! Since you mention the pokemon "Ditto" isnt it's power to copy the skill of an adversary?

With this aspect in mind the warframe does become a little more fesable. If the warframe can copy skills (temporarily) from enemies it meets within a mission (bosses included) then this does pose a very unique mechanic. Copy a shield drone skill and you boost friendlies shields as you spend energy. Copy a stomper Moa and you get a nice little knockdown skill. Copy a Grineer Commander and you get switch teleport.

Once again, I repeat, the skills you copy within mission are only available in that mission alone. When you start a new one its a blank slate once again.

I Don't really see it happening.

But i did hash out the concept for such a frame.

(digs it up out of the forum)

I'm pretty sure max is base * 1.5 so then

Health: 75 Max: 112

Power: 75 Max 112

Shield Capacity 75 Max 112

Shield Recharge: 18

Armor: 10

Sprint: 1.0

Polarity: NONE. (Able to equip and use all warframe mods and all ability mods, but at full cost.)

Ability slots are still fixed, so one ability 1, one ability 2, one ablility 3 and one ability 4.

Statistics alone would make this frame by far the weakest. but it can also use all warframe mods.

Yup, exactly what I had in mind.. coz I love some of the abilities... Maybe, this class has no ultimate ability, other than to 'mimic' others.

Cool.. in the end.. we're just hashing out ideas.

Hmm...yea, I don't think this will really fly if the warframe is a pick and choose from other warframe skills. HOWEVER! Since you mention the pokemon "Ditto" isnt it's power to copy the skill of an adversary? With this aspect in mind the warframe does become a little more fesable. If the warframe can copy skills (temporarily) from enemies it meets within a mission (bosses included) then this does pose a very unique mechanic. Copy a shield drone skill and you boost friendlies shields as you spend energy. Copy a stomper Moa and you get a nice little knockdown skill. Copy a Grineer Commander and you get switch teleport. Once again, I repeat, the skills you copy within mission are only available in that mission alone. When you start a new one its a blank slate once again.

Hey!... why didn't I think of that kind of mimicking.. Mimicking the enemy's abilities, hahah.. Good one KurokoOkami!

Yes, this ability does seem interesting too, but... it only does boosting through mimickry?

Hopefully a class like this can appear.

Ninjas are great at Mimicking, Blending in with the surrounding, and all that cool ninja-stuff... with this ability.. I think the Warframe will make a great assassin. heh..

Edited by moehammett

I really didnt think over as to what benefits does copying skills have. I simply wished to make OP's idea a more "real/feasable" idea for us to play. One with obvious strengths and weaknesses. Maybe a bonus to a certain skill type when mimiced? I.E. if a moa stomp = X damage, "copier frame" version = x damage + y% bonus. Such would also apply to team oriented skills like the ancient's healing or shield drone's shield