Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Teleporting, Artifacts, Auto-Buffs And More...

Anthos13

I've just started playing warframe (I became a founder due to the game being so good) and I've noticed a few things worth mentioning. My apologies for the TL,DR forum post.

Negative:

So this has happened when I was using the mag and just recently when I was trying out the Banshee. when I'm trying to snipe with my pistol and now bow. I teleport and switch places with one enemy I am currently aiming at. I didn't consciously activate this nor do I have any known mod attached that's able to do this. I've looked in the wiki to no avail. I don't know how it happens but it has gotten me killed more than a few times. 1) Can I be told how its activated so I may avoid it 2) if its some kind of error, could it please be corrected?

I don't know where or how I get artifacts. I have been attentive to the "alerts" that are broadcasted on my map. The wiki informed me of that being how I get them. I'm on my 3-4th one and have not seen a single one. 1) Am I missing something? 2) is the drop rate just really low? Wiki didn't really let me know much about that.

When I am playing in a squad with my brother and a friend. It appears there is an issue with oovoo and/ or steam chat (both have been tried for the same session). One can't hear the other or the audio cuts out every 2 or 3 words. It could be the internet causing the issues or the other programs themselves but we do not believe those are the reasons. Maybe I'm wrong or its something to look into?

When I bought the bundle for the banshee and all she comes with, I noticed that the buffs automatically applied and started counting down. I didn't want to use them. I'm in college and the next three days will be filled with hw and projects as we are nearing the end of spring. 1) could this be corrected to be purchased items that you can activate? only one at a time to avoid massive stacking of buffs. Maybe make a notice or a more noticeable warning of the fact it auto-buffs 2) I have yet to see if this is the case but could the buffs not count down while the system is down and won't let me on. I fear with the timer being real time, that me not being able to login is forcing me to waste such a useful resource and level gaining tool.

I know everyone gets the same mods as they drop but I was wondering if a trading aspect could be added. If I have extra mods I don't use (say a shotgun mod) could I be able to give it to my brother who is using a shotgun and was not with me when I picked it up? I could see how it could be abused but its a little disappointing and it would help me to help along my party member.

I know you don't want to just have constantly filled ammo for people when they are running through and with less ammo the game becomes a little bit more intense but as you go up the levels and mainly play solo. The huge lacking for ammo gave me no option but to abort because I couldn't get enough ammo to compete with a bosses shield/ health. I mean its solo play; I have a rifle, pistol and sword. Can I get less sniper and shotgun ammo spawning?

Positive:

The game play is smooth and enjoyable. Though I want more and different variations of the mapping system. I believe that will occur as I go up levels, things change and new areas are unlocked for me so that's not big on my list.

The different designs on the warframes are very quite impressive. I sat and just enjoyed the different variations of color schemes and "feels" to the frame you could accomplish with the coloring options.

I enjoyed that certain things were not just explained and if they were explained I clearly missed them. I loved figuring out the way to run along walls and the timing of the sword for the maximum damage. (Though I can see how my friend got annoyed with trying to figure it out. Maybe making a little more obvious hints about certain skills or non-mod related abilities?)

I love how this game gives you that wonderful intense satisfaction. I am speaking of opinion for the banshee. Being able to head shot an enemy unit, sticking them to the wall and lighting them on fire (Hellfire) all at once. It made me grin like an idiot for a few seconds when it first happened.

Thanks for reading all of that, Anthos13

P.S. When I attempted to alter my forum badge for my account it would seem that there was an error, Since the game and the site is still in beta, I expect errors to occur. If you have not already fixed this by the time its read, would you be so kind?

Edited by Anthos13

With the "random" teleporting. Grineer Commanders - They employ a similar ability as the Loki Warframe to switch places with a player, teleporting them to other surrounding Grineer and placing them in potentially dangerous situations and causing confusion. This switch teleport can work through walls and doors. (straight from the wiki)

With the Relics, you have to look for Alerts that not only have an increased XP reward, but also a ? reward. The ? can be anything from a Relic, to weapon/warframe skins, Catalyst Blueprints, certain special weapon blueprints.. etc.. just special stuff.

With the audio cut-out, just use Skype for a VOIP service. Free & easy.

With the banshee stuff, I'm not sure about the xp increasers, I have yet to use any and gain xp fast enough to my liking.

There is no trading system but in the last Stream they mentioned it briefly, but they have to tweak it so the game doesn't become a gold-spam fest.

If you're having trouble getting through a map and running out of ammo, all I can say is melee more, (use the charge attack, its a 1hit kill on everything low level).. and play some lower level defense missions to get some mods to upgrade your weapons more.

With the "random" teleporting. Grineer Commanders - They employ a similar ability as the Loki Warframe to switch places with a player, teleporting them to other surrounding Grineer and placing them in potentially dangerous situations and causing confusion. This switch teleport can work through walls and doors. (straight from the wiki)

With the Relics, you have to look for Alerts that not only have an increased XP reward, but also a ? reward. The ? can be anything from a Relic, to weapon/warframe skins, Catalyst Blueprints, certain special weapon blueprints.. etc.. just special stuff.

With the audio cut-out, just use Skype for a VOIP service. Free & easy.

With the banshee stuff, I'm not sure about the xp increasers, I have yet to use any and gain xp fast enough to my liking.

There is no trading system but in the last Stream they mentioned it briefly, but they have to tweak it so the game doesn't become a gold-spam fest.

If you're having trouble getting through a map and running out of ammo, all I can say is melee more, (use the charge attack, its a 1hit kill on everything low level).. and play some lower level defense missions to get some mods to upgrade your weapons more.

Ah, That makes sense. Though I didnt think I saw them. I could have just missed the name. I 'll make sure to kill them first from now on.

Ok, Thanks.

I have skype for windows 8 ( I was forced too) and its an app that only works when I have it open to skype. As soon as I tab away it stops recieving or sending any audio.

yeah, thats what I dont want but I feel like at least giving one or two mods per -span of time- would work wonders for squads.

Oh, melee and myself are good friends. Its the fact that during one boss I would get attacked by a lot of heavy shielded infantry before a boss, the only ammo dropped would be for a pistol or shotgun and I'm stuck going against someone with 32 shots in my rifle.

Edited by Anthos13