Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Notifications From De?

Combahusai

We understand that when the servers go down, they go down and there's not a whole lot of advance notice you guys can give us (read:none). And we really do appreciate the energy that goes into getting things back online and working in a timely manner (hamster turnover rate?).

But general alerts and *details* from DE are something that I think we definitely need more of, especially when downtime is planned. When we're in Warframe being an epic space-ninja is our priority. Not checking the twitter feed for when an update is going to drop.

Case and point: at least some people were logged in and doing things when Tenno Reinforcements was dropped today (I wasn't one of them). And I've never heard anything about the client being able to update on the fly while someone is logged in. Knowing that the update was going to drop today is nice, but it doesn't help us because everyone knows what happens when the servers go down in the middle of a random reward mission. A little more detail, even something like an estimated time frame for deployment would be awesome. At best, in-game notifications that are part of the UI would probably show a sharp decrease in complaints about disconnects because people would be forewarned.

It would also be really great if splash pages or something could be put up when the website/forums/servers are taken down for maintenance or otherwise, because being "Unable to connect." is about as ambiguously depressing as you can get.

Edited by Combahusai