Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speedrun Map

Actyr

Actually, no(no to minimizing/removing randomness, not speedruns). Randomness is the beauty. The randomization isn't that huge and only adds or detracts a few seconds from a run. The awesome part comes into play when you don't know what to expect. How fast you react to where you need to go, how quickly you can judge the obstacles ahead and how to get around them in the most optimal way.

There is this small part of luck but the biggest part is whether you can use that opportunity when given a short map and get a record over someone who had a lot less luck and had 3-4 extra rooms. Because you can so damn easily screw up in this game when going for speedruns it is insane.

Edited by narrus

Loki + max rush or Loki + max reach + max deco + max switch teleport lols. I run through Vor on Mercury in about 1 minute flat with the above.

Switch teleport is slow, I suggest you don't use it. With Rush you can make the distance faster than you will by casting a decoy + teleport which takes a lot longer.

I'd personally like it. just doing missions got a tad bit boring. Having to wait for your team for the extraction timer made me sad as well.
So I just want some rush levels, either a race against other people or solo to set some records

Actually, no. Randomness is the beauty. The randomization isn't that huge and only adds or detracts a few seconds from a run. The awesome part comes into play when you don't know what to expect. How fast you react to where you need to go, how quickly you can judge the obstacles ahead and how to get around them in the most optimal way.

There is this small part of luck but the biggest part is whether you can use that opportunity when given a short map and get a record over someone who had a lot less luck and had 3-4 extra rooms. Because you can so damn easily screw up in this game when going for speedruns it is insane.

Yeah I don't like speedruns myself xD

I'd rather kill everything, open every door, break every storage box and open every locker room. I'm a developer myself and I know that developers tend to hide easter eggs in their code. I'd love to find one someday :D

I didn't mean that every map would become a speedrun map. I just wanted a speedrun map as a different gamemode like assassination or spy mission. I like the randomization in other missions, but for a speedrun I'd prefer a map that doesn't change so that people can find the most efficient way to go across.

I'd rather kill everything, open every door, break every storage box and open every locker room. I'm a developer myself and I know that developers tend to hide easter eggs in their code. I'd love to find one someday :D

You misunderstood me and I didn't clarify enough it seems. By "no" I meant, do not remove the random nature of the maps. Sorry to disappoint you :D

Edited by narrus

You misunderstood me and I didn't clarify enough it seems. By "no" I meant, do not remove the random nature of the maps. Sorry to disappoint you :D

Well actually it is my fault, I quoted you to agree with your idea (about keeping the randomness) and then my fingers just typed something else lol

That is the spirit!

I have quite enjoyed myself today. Several games we have had ONE rusher, in a group of four players.

We go and search and explore.. and he ran and waited at extraction. For 10+ mins.. I don't even pity the fool.