Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puncture.

WingsOfGryphin

In the last patch there were several buffed Rifle mods, one of them was Puncture.

It wen't up TWICE in value, in my case it went from 0.25 to 0.5.

So i wondered how strong it is and equiped it on my lvl 19 gorgon to test out if it can finally penetrate enemies.

Guess what?

It can't.

Even with 0.5m puncture you can't penetrate enemies. It's 50 cm, no warframe is that fat for crying out loud but still it's not enough.

Or am i just doing it wrong?

P.S Please fix the [Enter] new line. Sometimes it just ignores it, unless edited in full edit.

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

I think it's just much more apparent if you use a higher firepower weapon like say the paris or maybe the snipetron.

Works perfect for me on paris, I get double headshots all the time. And that's even before the update...I wonder if I can get a triple?...

Also, idk if they fixed it with this last update, but sometimes puncture doesn't work on certain weapons if you aren't host.

Seems to work for me just fine with my LATRON, managed to get a group of Grineer lined up and was hitting 3-4 people per bullet. Bit stupid that Puncture doesn't work on Terrain though, it gets a bit annoying to see the bullet that can hit a guy, the guy behind him and the guy behind him bounce off a metal railing.

Edited by Aeshi

Puncture is a worthless mod in my opinion. The range on it is at very least laughable and the cost of the mod is 10, which is as high as it can go on it's basic level. Of course it's a rare mod and it's use is so situational and so rare that it will never take up the place of any damage mod.

If it had a few meters of range then maybe and even then I'd probably only get it if it was cheap to mount of the weapon. I prefer multishot, elemental damage, armor piercing, extra normal damage, rate of fire. That is the really important stuff, everything else can take a backsit as it is.