Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Issues

Pyrashark

Hey guys,

I know that a lot of the feedback here in the forums is quite positive. And I can understand that. But after I played for some weeks now, there's a lot of grievance for me that has to be adressed since there are some gameplay decisions that are not just poorly, they are destructive for fun.

Now I have nothing against some difficult games. That's why I love Battlefield 3 for it's multiplayer. It's never gonna get harder than playing a hard game against real people.
So I'm not complaining about difficulties.

Where's my problem?

First, let's have an example: There's "Phorid", the boss of Eris on Naeglar. The Problem with that guy is, at first, he is waaaaaay to easy if your abusing his stupid and slow movement. But now, if you're trying to solo it to farm Nyx BP, you're getting oneshotted by those idiotic, yellow blasts. They kill me instantly.

That is not a problem in multiplayer. I can't dodge this attack, but my teammates can revive me.
What about solo mode?
Who in their right mind gives a boss an attack that instantly kills me without me having a chance to dodge or survive for solo mode?

Simple ---> Remove it. Just remove it, it's unbalanced.

Second, the famous grineer rollers.
They are hard to hit and a simple grievance to play against. Sometimes they stun the heck out of you so you can't do anything. You're just dead on the spot.

That is not about giving players a challenge.
But give them a chance. Also, an enemytype that's just annoying and NOBODOY likes to play against, is a poor decision since a game is there to be fun for those who are playing it.

Third, the grinding.
I don't care how much time you have, but it is ridiculous to say that you can get anything in this game without spending money if you just have to invest so much time that I can't do it. I just can't. I have to study for college (I dunno the english word for it, sry). Guys who have to work can't really expect to grind the warframes they wanna play.
I'm not saying there shouldn't be any grinding, that's fine.
But 20 runs on a boss just to get 2 BPs? That's too much time for guys that have a real life out there, I am sorry.

Fourth, the stability.
I fall of the map every tenth map or so. At least give me a suicide option so I can reset myself without having to quit the mission. Also, there's so many servers going down over the last few days, it's not funny.
A game doesn't have to be good in my eyes, since it's about personal taste. But it has to work, so get that fixed.
And the response in the forums is always gloryfying the devs for sharing their problems. You don't have to give them the crap for problems, but praising them? That's a bit too much. Even in beta, since we can invest our real money here, we can expect at least stability.

Fifth, the clarity.
Just make all the mods way clearer how they work. I am not noticing that the critical dmg mods actually work since I'm first of all not getting good feedback for my crits (given that I should have over 100% crit chance, which doesn't even make remotely sense) but the possibility is just straight out wrong. Can't be that hard to match the numbers on the mods and the chances that are reflected in the game.

Now, I do like this game, but lately it became obvious that it's more of an visual appealing game that is not balanced. I can't solo some opponents since they are just unfairly strong. I like me a challenge, but this is too much, sry.

I have to say, I'll not be playing for a long time if those issues aren't adressed. Try to make this game more fun, more balanced.

Possible solutions:

---> No attacks that immediately kill the player in solo if he can't dodge (or make it clear how to dodge)

---> Stop some of the stunning effects (grineer rollers and the ancients, since to disrupter can pretty much kill you without you standing a chance if they come from behind)

---> A little bit less grinding

Of course I'd like to see more variety for maps etc, but that's not so important.

Thanks,

Greetings

1. It's multiplayer game after all. Find teammates, join clans, communicate :)

2. Yeeah, rollers are fun =) "It's most annoying enemy" someone said on the forums. It is. Just improve your accuracy.

3. The grinding in this game is rather fun. Because tge gameplay is fun. It's stupid and simple, but still fun. I'm working and I was able to farm for two warframes, sentinel and all weapons I wanted. Wanna save your time and get everythin? Pay :) It's game monetization system.

4. It's still in beta. It's open, but still beta. Don't forget it and help improving game by reporting bugs you've found.

5. There's a thing in game desing that called something like "community game exploration". Players have to explore the game mechanics themselves - it's rather fun.

Edited by demminik

1: Then don't give the option of solo play. If you implement it, make it actually useable. Playable.
2: My accuracy is probably way better than most of the guys' here since I am used to games that are much more demanding on you actual shooting skills. So there's that man, also, you have no idea how precise I am, so that's not a smart suggestion :) And stuff that is just annoying and doesn't add anything to the game should be erased, simple as that.
3: I guess you're right on that part, even though I don't like it. They make it very time consuming to get anything here so they can get money. That's sad but true I guess there's no changing that.

4: I know and I don't have a problem with some instability serverwise, but that was a bit too much for my taste.

5: If you add a description to what a mod does, make it clear. There is no way in hell a player can actually find out whether his crit chance is increased by 5% or 10%. But that is stuff that I wanna know. For me that is not fun, but I guess, if people enjoy it, it's fine.
But what I dislike is the attempt of clarity what something does. This attempt is executed poorly and doesn't really help finding out what's going on.

Greetings

5: Assume a weapon has a base crit chance.

You equip a mod that gives +15% to crit chance.

What people think it does:  base crit chance + 15%

What it actually does: base crit chance * 1.15

So if you had a 5% base crit chance it would now be 5.75%. Not 20%.

In that regard the description is absolutely accurate.