Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firerate Issue?

xXWolfCallXx

Grineer. *sigh*

Well, they tweaked the fire rate such that it doesn't scale (?) along with your fps now. It's a flat value. So as our fire rates get affected, so does the enemy factions (I'm looking at you Grineers) since they kinda use the same weapons as we do. 

Haven't noticed a change in Infested or Corpus attack speeds though.

The Grineer, on the other hand, seem to have miniguns for every Lancer.

True, I've noticed this increase and it do is insane the speed at which they eat through shields and life. I can still deal with it but it is very hard not to be able to pop my head out in certain ocasions.

Partly this is why I've always said increasing enemy damage and life isn't the way to provide a challenge, it only provides rage for the most part and slows things significantly. Giving enemies abillities and stuff like that is what provides challenge.

This is happening to me with corpus as well. As a loki player, this is disheartening. I know that I am meant to be the glass cannon warframe, but on content I vastly outlevel, it's a bit obnoxious.

Sorry, you have no reason to talk when you can throw decoys and go invisible. Loki are invunerable simply because you have no way to hit them in the first place. Everyone else might have a problem but a loki? You can perma invisibillity.

True, I've noticed this increase and it do is insane the speed at which they eat through shields and life. I can still deal with it but it is very hard not to be able to pop my head out in certain ocasions.

Partly this is why I've always said increasing enemy damage and life isn't the way to provide a challenge, it only provides rage for the most part and slows things significantly. Giving enemies abillities and stuff like that is what provides challenge.

I too would like to see more than increases to enemy HP and damage (like waaaay better AI) but this move puts the enemies at just where I think they need to be HP/DAM-wise.  They're now challenging in small groups and devestating if you let them gang up - before, soloing, I would just kill everything pretty easy no matter how large the group.  Now I have to really consider whether or not to engage (and get XP/items) or move past (because the numbers are overwhelming.

Though in the future instead of buffing them I hope there're beter ability use and smarter behavior.

Sorry, you have no reason to talk when you can throw decoys and go invisible. Loki are invunerable simply because you have no way to hit them in the first place. Everyone else might have a problem but a loki? You can perma invisibillity.

So, because I play a frame that has ways to escape combat, I should just shut up, and swallow what is an obvious bug? There are times when my energy pool is low, and then I am a sitting duck. Also, stealthing my way through an entire mission, or throwing out decoys and running away from combat is not something find particularly fun. I enjoy using my abilities with tactics in mind, not as a sole means of playing the damn mission.

I don't mind difficulty spikes such as this in later stages, but I think most would agree, it's problematic when you are expected to play this way on lower level stages. I know, it's only a matter of time before you retort with the obligatory "Learn to loki", or some other winded response about how I am bad at the game.

I don't think this was intentional. When the patch first came out, people were writing about this problem on the patch notification pages and DE_Steve seemed to be surprised about it and said they will look into it. My guess is, as they made fire rate FPS independant it fixed our guns, but it made Grineer ones fire faster as well. DE will probably release a hot fix anyday now. Untill then I am so glad I turned my VOLT into a bullet sponge...