Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Alerts System - Just Creating Another Auto Farm Game

iCanSeeYou

When i look back at alot of older games that went thought alot of years, all i see ( mostly ), is the game getting easier and easier.

And I'm not talking about my skills or techniques. I'm talking about the development.

The new alert system is a "rape" to the game's difficulty. The idea of waiting for an alert mission, scanning forums every 10 minutes or so on, just to get that mission with "?", for a special reward.

And now it's just get a smart phone, and make notifications appear if any new alret mission appears.

I know I'm not talking to new players of the gaming ( not the Warframe itself ), but I'm guessing, that the veterans will agree with me, that the easier game gets, the faster You get bored of it.

I'm not judging, just expressing my oppinion, and hoping I'm not the only one. Feel free to say Your thought about my oppinion, I'm always open to discuss, but not start a flame war.

so if it was harder to do the SAME thing, it was better than now? now i have alerts reported to my desktop, pretty comfortable, even if i'm in-game. i can quickly check the reward and if i haven't unlocked the level, i can quickly go to my clan chat to find someone to do the alert with. i think it's fine.

it was pretty much the same with the forum section, except you'd find out the reward ~5 minutes later.

Well, i cansee Youre not getting the idea, as You never experienced it before.

You'll get bored of it, as it will become too easy.

you won't even notice, when You'll be able to choose what mods to get from drops etc.

as i can see this topic, either way will become flame war. And I'll be the one to blame, couse in no way i can freely express my oppinion on several things.

well, people were sharing this information before, so devs just cut the middle man.

yes, i agree, the "?" is exciting, when you sit in-game and wait for it (like i did few days ago when forums were down) but it's also equally disappointing to get another scavenger artifact in a row. when you have them all. and they don't stack. you know.

the coin has two sides.

and i don't think we're flaming, i think we're having a discussion. :)

Well, stupid example but - Runescape. With all the new updates it just became easy. Too easy, like stealing a lolipop from a kid ( i dont do that.. :D )

but suddenly, people began to vote, and asked to bring the old Runescape back, and what do You know, its back, and more people are playing it, more than the original, the one with "press two buttons and you got this done" game.

I'm in the camp that likes the new alert system.  The difficulty in a game should come from the gameplay elements, not from having to sink a lot of time in to checking when certain things are available.

Also, as a father of three I can't just sit at my computer all day most days, so I like being able to get an easy alert so I can take a break from doing the dishes to do a quick alert.