Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Reworking Of The Mods, But Not Too...

revanmaster

I was looking at the mods today and came up with why I don't like it. I think for most this would make it so people would come to understand this new system has more it can offer, but it means implementing a difficulty changer, and all that fun stuff. The idea is to add common-uncommon-rare-legendary(maybe) mods that do more for less if you get the better ones.

Ex:
Redirection common is 4 energy 40% shield at a base level, but a Redirection uncommon is 3 energy 50, or 45% at based level. Rare could be 2 energy consumption, and 55-60% at base stat.

This to me adds to the overall life of the game, because it's a farming type of game. The concept of the weapon, and warframes energy slots is to make it augment-able in the since when we can level them again we can add another two slots to them at the same time as changing the polarity of the others.

P.S.

Also another change could be add a credit alternative to all the expand warframes, and arsenal slots.

Edited by revanmaster

No idea how to comprehend what you just typed but regarding your credit alternative to buy frame and weapon slots, ridiculous ¬.¬ they're not even that expensive (20 plat for a frame slot and 12 for 2 weapons slots).

There are people that don't spend money in f2p. So they'll quit after they filled in the slots. I'm not talking about a 2000credit, but maybe 100,000, or 50,000 credit expansion amount. For some of us I'll probably do once, or twice, and at the beginning of each buy more with real money. Like I've done still they're getting money for funding, and we're able to expand a little between. Also it gives those that otherwise quit afterwards more reason to stay, and maybe spend money on it where they don't.

Clearly if the people are too stingy to use some cash on a game that's F2P and is WORTH investing into, then they're wasting their time, and I'm sure the devs know and don't care much to please that .5-1% of players. I still think slots bought with credits is ridiculous, they're on of the cheapest things that can be bought with platinum. When I need my slots I'll be glad to pay for them, this game is great, the team behind it is great, it deserves the funding it's getting from the players.

Clearly if the people are too stingy to use some cash on a game that's F2P and is WORTH investing into, then they're wasting their time, and I'm sure the devs know and don't care much to please that .5-1% of players. I still think slots bought with credits is ridiculous, they're on of the cheapest things that can be bought with platinum. When I need my slots I'll be glad to pay for them, this game is great, the team behind it is great, it deserves the funding it's getting from the players.

I think F2P games consist of 90% free players who indirectly advertised the game and another 10% are paid customers. Both sides are equally important to this genre of game economy. 

However, if you're playing the game for 50 hours, you probably should throw 5 USD for more slots anyway. It's better investment than AAA games with 30-40 hours of content.

As for the OP's idea, it would be easier to implement a mod capacity slider for each mod. IE, You have rank 10 vitality, you can adjust how many points you want vitality to consume.  

I think F2P games consist of 90% free players who indirectly advertised the game and another 10% are paid customers. Both sides are equally important to this genre of game economy. 

However, if you're playing the game for 50 hours, you probably should throw 5 USD for more slots anyway. It's better investment than AAA games with 30-40 hours of content.

As for the OP's idea, it would be easier to implement a mod capacity slider for each mod. IE, You have rank 10 vitality, you can adjust how many points you want vitality to consume.  

I know the system makes things harder, but it'll be to extend the farming life of the game. I also was thinking of maybe they could make an item instead like the potatoes(orkin upgrade) so it's a rare item, and we can farm it. Be a master you can understand that you invested a lot of money already, so will i next month to increase to master as well.

In regards to the first suggestion. .

I don't think it'd work. Even if 10-12 mods drop in a single mission, the sheer density of potential drops would make it a very low chance of finding a mod you actually want. Being as every mod would exist at every rarity, this means that even if a common drops, there's at least a 1 in 120 chance of finding a common you actually want. This is more detrimental than helpful to the feel of gameplay.

In regards to the second suggestion, I don't think there needs to be a credit thing for slots. What some developers like to do is stick a very high time cost on things they really want people to spend money on. Like potatoes, which require some luck, slots could require a series of events which can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks to actually accomplish. Then, if a player absolutely insists on playing for free, they can walk up the steep pillar of time to try and open a new slot, or most likely eventually give in and pay the 5 bucks needed to open up 2-3 slots instantly.

DDO uses a similar system where doing basic game content earned you a tiny amount of points you could spend on content. It took a long, long time to open up everything, and most the people I knew didn't even bother to. They eventually broke down and bought it anyway. But I know one friend who was so patient and diligent that she farmed up enough points to literally turn the game into a tried and true free to play game. It took her years, but she did it.

It's not bad to allow a full free to play method of getting everything in the game. It should be difficult. It should be so difficult that it threatens to give the player a mental disorder if they even manage to finish. But it should be possible.

im not sure why no one has said this yet but the devs already said they are looking for alterntive ways to unlock new slot then plat and you can expect it by update 8, i just wanted to remove that argument so we can focus on what is important 

the current problem is that you are ignoring the reason they put in the abilty to fuse mods in the first place. The point of the current system is when you find that mod you want instead of just grabbing a new one the next planet over you power that mod up by fusing mods you dont like in to that mod. However if there was no fusion system your plan would be the way to go but then the game becomes just about random drops and you start grinding it out, repeating the same mission over and over again and if you are not lucky then welp to bad

im not sure why no one has said this yet but the devs already said they are looking for alterntive ways to unlock new slot then plat and you can expect it by update 8, i just wanted to remove that argument so we can focus on what is important 

the current problem is that you are ignoring the reason they put in the abilty to fuse mods in the first place. The point of the current system is when you find that mod you want instead of just grabbing a new one the next planet over you power that mod up by fusing mods you dont like in to that mod. However if there was no fusion system your plan would be the way to go but then the game becomes just about random drops and you start grinding it out, repeating the same mission over and over again and if you are not lucky then welp to bad

I guess people missed it, but that could be my fault, but they said something about adding something like a difficulty slider. I might misinterpret as like we're on normal now, and we can make it harder, and by doing so make the different, and more powerful mod show up there. Also though they'll cost less to put on the modding board.

I see this becoming farming which it has, and why I'm looking at it this way higher difficulty give better rewards. and it's sort of a raiding system for higher difficulty.(that is they're adding harder modes later)

Edited by revanmaster