Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Gameplay Feedback.

RedEye88

DE please dont increase difficulty by numbers. like the ROF on grineer on last patch.Make them something like having 2 weapons ,run faster,have melee weps or powers like the white grineer with gorgon that punches the ground etc...stuff that requires our skill/dodge/tactics maybe invent some better use for melee block? huh ?

Id like this game hard and rewarding for those who show skill,a lot harder but not by numbers cause then all we need is snipe from as far as posible and stack hp/shields/armor.So not nice.

Powers and melee weapons/attacks for grineers and corpus would be great(corpus has melee but they are weaker than training dummies)

And while at it for gods sake please change those 2 legged robots both look and sounds they are horrible no joke.They sound like my 80 year old grandma choking in a cave with a lot of reverb.

I personally love horror...that means make enemies more scary looking and more brutal like you tried with stalker,but dont give us so much time to react on stalker he talks too much,he should make a voice warning/threaten and in 2-3 seconds spawn him behind our back xD.

Make shielder grineer run faster and kick our asses down.(read down about dodge revamp)

Make the grineer who swaps pozitions or teleports behind us with a 2h hammer and we have to block his attack or dodge.

Please try to focus a looot more on melee combat system and powers for both players and enemies.

Also you call those bosses? they are too weak they need more powers(and by that i didnt mean damage numbers like rof on grineer)

Modify roll(revamp) into a dash or a faster roll which can have like 0.5-1s invulnerability and a dedicated key(currently double tap default space)With this dodge you still get hit even if u roll away so not good for much.

-Dash will use stamina.

-With that said you can create a corpus drone that shoots high damage spining blades and we have to dodge them.

-We could dodge the grineer spining balls better.

-The grineer Napalm(and not only him) is kinda useless if you shoot any weapons with freeze mod he dont even shoot at you no more,and walk in slow mo maybe nerf a bit freeze mods,and give him more fire rate and an rpg,and with the modded dodge above we could dodge rockets like a boss for whoever pays attention that is.

-With dash dodge we could have a dash slash atacks just like the sliding one(for all warframes not like a power),you could make infected attack a bit faster we could dodge and slash from behind dogs.Dodgin away from infested runners at the right time would no longer cause us knockback(maybe no damage even).

-Infested leapers could leap from further(if enough space) and faster and we have to dodge(again :D).

-We could dodge ancients limb slap lol if timed right.

- + More elite mobs(1 for each faction at least) that will be more scarce with more powerfull skills to test our abilities :)

I have more ideas but TL;DR this is enough for now.

I hope i made my point we need more skill/tactic based game.Right now is like 90% run and gun doh,please dont make this a sci fi CoD.

I agree with everything you said.  This game is far too easy if you just keep your distance and destroy everything with your main weapon.  As for melee weapons, what do you get if you put a potato in a lvl 30 melee weapon?  The ability to kill one unit per charged swing, maybe two if you're using dual weapons.  Also, using melee weapons against ancients, which is what is most effective towards them, is often too dangerous because one smack will stun the crap out of you and drain your hp/shields really quick.  Simply slapping an armor pen mod on your main gun will make your gun good against everything, hands down.  Essentially, with that mod, your main gun does everything your melee weapon does, but better.  If you select a high damage gun with low clip capacity and mod for straight damage, you almost never have to worry about ammo -cough- SHOTGUNS -cough-.

DE, make this game hard please, I would like to have the constant threat of dying and getting gibbed.  It would make me cooperate with teammates a lot more and enjoy the game more, knowing that I have to worry about the threat to dying.

DE, make this game hard please, I would like to have the constant threat of dying and getting gibbed.  It would make me cooperate with teammates a lot more and enjoy the game more, knowing that I have to worry about the threat to dying.

What he ^ said. :)

DE if you read this go and inspire yourself for the melee system from Vindictus(sorry if not allowed to talk about other games here) theres absolutely no other (for real) better combat mmo system on the whole internet,thats just as fun and hard to master.Thats where my dash idea came from its just too fun trying to master it and its never op because if you are not paying attention dash wont save you :)

Off topic: i do not understand why everyone is trying to make different games nowdays,everysingle game i played and liked and bought had something good in it either was combat ,the story,the challenges or w/e.

Why dont developers try and combine the best of other online games to make an epic game?in my head combining features of the best mmo's ive ever played creates a killer game,insanely fun,hard and popular.If i were a designer for online games i would take the best of other games systems improve them if posible and adapt to my game.

I say this because i feel Warframe is at a turning point either it adapts new systems and evolve or stays a sci fi Call of duty(without pvp) which is right now extremely boring and i have nothing to play cause its too easy and i finished everything.But i like the base idea of this sci fi mmo.

The more complex the game the more interesting/fun it becomes.

Edited by RedEye88

What he ^ said. :)

DE if you read this go and inspire yourself for the melee system from Vindictus(sorry if not allowed to talk about other games here) theres absolutely no other (for real) better combat mmo system on the whole internet,thats just as fun and hard to master.Thats where my dash idea came from its just too fun trying to master it and its never op because if you are not paying attention dash wont save you :)

Off topic: i do not understand why everyone is trying to make different games nowdays,everysingle game i played and liked and bought had something good in it either was combat ,the story,the challenges or w/e.

Why dont developers try and combine the best of other online games to make an epic game?in my head combining features of the best mmo's ive ever played creates a killer game,insanely fun,hard and popular.If i were a designer for online games i would take the best of other games systems improve them if posible and adapt to my game.

I say this because i feel Warframe is at a turning point either it adapts new systems and evolve or stays a sci fi Call of duty(without pvp) which is right now extremely boring and i have nothing to play cause its too easy and i finished everything.But i like the base idea of this sci fi mmo.

The more complex the game the more interesting/fun it becomes.

Cause it's hard?

Best of both worlds looks cool in paper but practically hard to do. Developer may be able to make the gameplay/combat aspec 10/10 but story is another thing altogether.

What's good and what's fun is different for every person. You might enjoy your game concept which has a steep learning curve but what will happen when your playerbase say that it's suck because it's too hard for 50% of them? You may end up abandoning half of your players and effectively cut your own revenue. 

Story is even more so. Look at what happened with Mass Effect series when they changed the main writer from Drew Karpyshyn into Mac Walters. Story is hard to pin down even more than the gameplay. I enjoy dark scifi setting, Tenno may even be a brainwashed ancient warriors resurrected by evil Lotus to wreck havoc in the peaceful Grineer empire. Every player has his own preference.

In the end, it all depends on target audience and DE research on the market.  

Edited by neKroMancer

I don't know if this is the right place for this. I've been having a weird stuttery lag-like movement problem whenever I run. It's  the same on solo vs online. It doesnt make the game unplayable, but moving around feels chunky. I realize that this is in fact beta and It might be a problem on a list to be fixed. But it also crossed my mind that I might be my system. I'm running an nvidia 550ti with updated drivers and a phenom2 X4 955 be. Maybe it's the steam version? Maybe network settings? I have forwarded my ports. 

If anyone has had this problem (which I did try google first) and knows of a fix I would like to know how. And I would be really appreciative. 

If it's a development wrinkle then this is my feedback on it. It's not gonna stop me from playing the game. 

Also, If this is the wrong spot for this post then I am  sorry. I'm new to forum posting.

And thanks to DE for this game. 40+ hours since it released on steam and I have not gotten tired of it yet.

Edited by Bot375