Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the enemy AI and other suggestions.

SnowTV

First about the enemy AI.

I noticed that enemies in warframe also have a kind of "hatred" system, which as far as I observed is that the enemy will attack the player who does the most damage to them. This is quite straight forward and effective, but sometimes for example, lets suppose player 1 did a lot damage to an enemy first, then run away without kill the enemy. Then the enemy will chase the player all the way even if another player is doing melee attack right next to him. So that looks kind of "stupid".

My suggestion to this is: make a exponential function which the damage took is the base number with 1 divided by the distance with currently seen players multiply a fix ratio then get the final "hatred number". For example: an enemy has 150hp, player 1 did 100 damage to him 100 meters away. Then player 2 appears and make a sword attack causing 15 damage 1 meter from the enemy so the enemy also noticed that player 2 is one meter away from him trying to slice him into half. So lets say the ratio is 0.1, and when distance multiply with the ratio then divide 1 the function of the hatred for two players will be 100^(1/(100*0.1)) = 100^0.1 = 1.58 and 15^(1/(1*0.1)) = 15^10 = 5.77*10^11. WOW, that might be too large for a hatred number. But whatever, its just an example of varied ways of calculating the hatred for enemies' AI.

Some other things.

The first one is a more detailed tutorial.

For example, the tutorial I done is really really basic, just how to shoot, how to switch, how to use melee, and two types of portion and hp and shield and, uh... I forget is there introduction about super power.

So I don't even know how to chat with teammates.

I have noticed that there are tips appears on the top left corner of loading screen, that is cool, but at least add some important thing to the tutorial, such as team chat button, and how to roll, how to make charge attack.

The second thing is adding key configuration to options.

Although I am quite confortable with the default configurations, adding the options will let the players know all the thing you can do in the game (such as team chat). So I don't know if players can speak with each other either. If not, here is my third and for now last suggestion: adding speak function. Because you guys did such a good job to make the game so intense that we really cannot type to others during combat.

Oh I remember another thing: I know that weapon&armor mods dropping in game is shared, but am I right that the extra credits you earned from those lockers or dropping from enemies or whatever is not shared? I think it is better to share them, like equally. Because know it appears like players are rushing for credits, and not even fighting before getting credits (I can't help, the weapons and warframes looks so awesome, I wanna buy them as soon as I can balabalabala...).

Feedback over, back to action :D

There is an option to set keybinds.

There is a push to talk button listed.

The tutorial isn't done. The game isn't done. Cinematics, tutorials, and other window dressing are eventually going to be added/fleshed out, but they're a low priority compared to the game functionality itself.

As for the AI, I'd assume there are people at DE who are primarily working on the AI. It's at an idiot level right now. They're probably aware of that fact, having programmed it.

<shrug>

How about we just implement combat formation bravo? I keep hearing about it, but I've never seen it.

There is an option to set keybinds.

There is a push to talk button listed.

The tutorial isn't done. The game isn't done. Cinematics, tutorials, and other window dressing are eventually going to be added/fleshed out, but they're a low priority compared to the game functionality itself.

As for the AI, I'd assume there are people at DE who are primarily working on the AI. It's at an idiot level right now. They're probably aware of that fact, having programmed it.

<shrug>

How about we just implement combat formation bravo? I keep hearing about it, but I've never seen it.

Gonna check the option now.

BTW sorry for my poor english I don't quite get your last sentence "How about we just implement combat formation bravo? I keep hearing about it, but I've never seen it. "