Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Mods And Warframe&weapon Power Management.

AwAveZ

Hi there.

I have pexed plenty of warframe and weapon to this point, and despite I love the new mod system, I have come a point, I think, I have figured some drawbacks and issues.

First of all, the mod menu into weapons and warframe, is a bit too messy since it displays all available mods for the weapon or the frame in a way that you have to scroll over pages and pages of the same mods to reach what you want.

You can eventually add a search function or stack all mod with the same name and power.

My second point is the way to remove a mod. You have to switch it with another mod, which is fine, but if you dont have enough power you can't remove 2 mods at once to reach the power requirement and this force you to go to the last page, then remove enough mods and then go back to the wanted mod and put it in.

Ain't it easier to just add a remove icon over or under the equiped mod ? or allow to select and remove via a hotkey ?

My last and maybe my most concern is about the way you reuse your owned mods.

I have maxed a lot of mods, but I have to keep some low level mods (identical to the maxed ones) in my stock just to tweak my left over power.

For example lets say I feel in need to have a Redirection mod on my all new Rhino. The rank 0 mod needs 4 power. So @ rank 4 rhino I equip it (one i kept in stock), which is totally fine. But now, lets say my rhino is level 10 and I want to improve my shield, I can't without fusing (again). But you know I have a maxed redirection in stock which I can't use till my rhino reach level 14.

I feel a bit weird to have to do this, especially when you spent like 500k+ credit in fusion on a mod, to not be able to use it even on your reroll frame. I would like a better system in which I can max any mod without having to worry if I will be able to use it on another frame/weapon with any problem.

A handy solution could be to allow the player to choose how much power he wants to allocate on a mod when equiping it. This will allow us to use our maxed mods on any new weapon/frame, and keep its efficiency on par with le level of the frame/weapon (limited by the power). This will give more flexibility in term of leveling; tweaking and experimenting.

Best Regards, keep on with the good work, hope my post helped.

Edited by AwAveZ

You can remove a mod by putting it into an empty slot in the inventory, they are placed at the last page or two.

As for your other concern, that is a problem with the way the game is designed/balanced, and not something that should be band-aid'ed with another clunky addition to the UI.

A thing to see is will they fix the issue at the cost of another mod system rework, or decide to do their best with the current botched one until the game funds itself a sequel a decade later.

Edited by Naqel