Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suicide Missions

Manjaro

I have an idea for a new mission type called "Suicide" or "Drastic Raid".

The way the mission works is that you start off in a few rooms away from the objective. The objective is to plant a bomb, start up a timer and escape. The timer will be at least 50 minutes. There will be no mini-map or waypoints to navigate you; only Lotus giving directions on which way to go to get to the escape pods(there might even be a possibility that she could get a bit of the info wrong and have you back track a room or two. also dying is permanent and no revives can be used(similar to if you get killed by a stalker); so you need to keep you teammates alive and not charge ahead alone or your numbers will dwindle. The maps themselves will be made up the same way any other map is made, but the mission will be a bit longer than normal and their will be more onslaughts.

Some rooms will be enemies mixed with certain puzzles. Some rooms will have nothing but puzzles(not too complicated) but stuff like every member will have to hack a terminal to open a door; or someone destroys the right power generator to lock a door that a swarm of enemies will come through to buy your group some time. It requires teamwork so there's no one trying to be a one-man army, once you get to the end of the level, there area with the escape pods has either a mass of enemies or a small group (4-6) of mini-boss like units there to stop you from escaping.

I believe there was a another post that mentioned an "Anti-Tenno Squad", which I guess could work but for the most part you have to defeat these enemies and escape before the timer hits 0 and the bomb goes off. Hence, a suicide mission, because there's no guarantee of success. The reward? considering they're a bit longer than a normal mission, you'll  get about 5k credits or some equivalent in mods or a mix. The maps will always randomizes as well. I think it'd be a great type of mission to go on with friends because doing it alone would be more difficult.

Feedback on this.

Edited by Manjaro

that defiantly sounds awesome and I would defiantly be excited to see both types of games made, I also want to see a discussion raised about making platinum items buy-able through game credits cause Orokin Catalyst/Reactors are for platinum users and i need them and have put the time into the game but don't have a credit card or paypal and can't get the things I need it seems unfair. 

The idea sounds good to me, it's definitly the type of game that might be really interesting and possibly stressful but hey, a little bit of stress is also good.

that defiantly sounds awesome and I would defiantly be excited to see both types of games made, I also want to see a discussion raised about making platinum items buy-able through game credits cause Orokin Catalyst/Reactors are for platinum users and i need them and have put the time into the game but don't have a credit card or paypal and can't get the things I need it seems unfair. 

Please don't hijack other people's posts for that type of discussion, there are many on the subject going around.

like the idea of a tactical bomb run. one thing though the 50 minute part, if it took me 50 minutes id probably balk at it, maybe a shorter fuse so we have to get the heck out?

lol I put 50 minutes not for logical reasons but if you're being put up against wave after wave with puzzles and mini-bosses and spoken navigation only, I'd assume a logical suicide bomb timer of at most 10 mins would end with you dead anyway. 50 is saying, "you need to get the hell out of here" but at the same time it says "we're giving you extra time because you'd die all the time if we tried to be real about this". But yeah, more stress is always fun. lol