Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels And Close-Range Warframes

VanillaRegal

Before I begin, let me point out that the sentinels, once modded, are fantastic in their own right. But there are people like me who prefer close-ranged fighting. Constant melee and/or shotguns other than the HEK. I use Rhino just to support this style of gameplay.

However, my Sentinal just can't keep up with the abuse unless I'm fighting Infested because only ancients can attack it and even then, they mostly go after me. I am not sure if the Server Optimization just showed me how fast things were, or Corpus and Grineer got a fire rate buff for their weapons but where I could once wade through them easily and my Sentinel could be okay until I mopped up the last guy, I now find it blowing up four or five seconds into the first moderatly-sized confrontation and my 700+ shields are being stripped in a matter of seconds by no less than three units. But that's a discussion for another thread.

My proposition is this: Perhaps make Sentinels a less likely target for attack? I have no hard data or the math skills required to get it but whenever I wander into a group looking to destroy, I find I never get shot for the first few moments because almost all eyes are on my Sentinel and they're shooting it instead. Perhaps the AoE it does is causing a lot of aggro? I do not know. I would just like to have Sentinels given more health and shields or be less of a easy target for enemies.