The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Change Suggestion

Draxxon

It's a minor change I'm sure some people might find this something not that important, but I think it would be nice and could possibly lead to some new defense type mechanics.

Right now against all 3 factions in defense missions, they try to destroy whatever we want to take. Which so far is either a cryopod or a giant reactor. This makes sense for the infested, but it just doesn't make sense to me that Grineer or Corpus would destroy the very thing they need or want to research. Especially with something like the giant reactors in the asteroids that we can't exactly just run off with.

I was thinking maybe we could be defending some sort of extraction equipment or something along those lines. Something that the Grineer or Corpus would actually want to destroy. For the asteroid reactors it could be something along the lines of a big automated defense system that we want to bring online that would prevent them from using the reactor so we could work on taking it. There could be multiple large automated cannons that need a lot of setup time/time to warm up that the Grineer need to destroy before we lose instead of them destroying the reactor. For cryopods it could be a few emitters that we put around that can teleport the cryopod to safety, and we need so many of them for the to teleport to work. For a non-infinite defense idea, maybe the emitters generate a sort of teleport field that's surrounding the cryopod. The teleport takes a while to work and if the field is shot it destabilizes the field and a progress bar could move back when shot. In order to win the teleport progress bar needs to complete.

I see lots of room for new ideas and things that could be used for new defense ideas, but I really think it would be cool and practical if the defense missions weren't just them going in for a kill on something they desperately want, and to keep from us.