The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Type Of Mission: Survival

Bitfly

Alright, so let me start by saying that the new defense maps added with update 7.7.3 are awesome, especially the big

outdoor map which has inspired me with this idea.

The new outdoor map, the one with a Corpus base in the mountains, really encourages you to move around a lot,

which is awesome for this big open map. But protecting an artifact kinda makes it all pointless.

You have a big and open area, but if you go explore anything or sometimes just go to pick up a mod,

you end up dooming the mission because the artifact is left unprotected.

I would like to see similar missions where you can move around without worrying about an artifact.

So, this new mission type would be much like a normal Defense mission, and would be using similar maps.

However, instead of protecting an artifact, it's all about surviving as many waves as possible.

New map designs needed for this idea, to avoid people camping "safe spots"

Here's what I expect from the mission. Feel free to add to this list:

- Kill the enemies to advance, full team death will result in fail 

- Increasing difficulty (more enemies, higher levels)

- Enemies know where you are

- Extraction per 5th wave

- Unique maps (CQC and open maps alike)

Feedback appreciated. If you like this idea, vote up my post to attract attention and/or leave a comment.

I will be adding more to this post as I receive feedback

Edited by Bitfly

This would be great!

"Same amount of enemies, same increase in difficulty." - except for this; protecting the artifact is what makes it difficult. If you could camp somewhere and just defend yourself we would need much more enemies per wave to warrant the rewards.

(sry for my english, not native)

This would be great!

"Same amount of enemies, same increase in difficulty." - except for this; protecting the artifact is what makes it difficult. If you could camp somewhere and just defend yourself we would need much more enemies per wave to warrant the rewards.

(sry for my english, not native)

Obviously my idea needs tweaking, just wanted to make it as simple as possible and taking examples from what people already know. I don't think there should be more enemies, as advancing to higher waves will do that - provide more enemies. I don't like the idea of people camping spots where enemies can't reach them though, so would probably need special maps designed with this in mind.

EDIT

Remade the post for better composition. Added some things

Edited by Bitfly

Other day when playing high level defense mission all of sudden i was reminded of that last scene in (i think) Alien v Predator movie ...you remember one ...where Predators are standing on top of Pyramid and camera zooms out to show horde of aliens climbing towards top ..

Last Man Standing ...

Your idea is something similar

here it is 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GT59zmF_Oo

1:29 

Edited by pecanin

Other day when playing high level defense mission all of sudden i was reminded of that last scene in (i think) Alien v Predator movie ...you remember one ...where Predators are standing on top of Pyramid and camera zooms out to show horde of aliens climbing towards top ..

Last Man Standing ...

Your idea is something similar

here it is 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GT59zmF_Oo

1:29 

Not exactly what I thought but I guess it's similar to the expression last man standing.

Keep the feedback coming, anything helps

I fully support this idea. I hate the idea of not be able to explore the maps, I would like to be able to move around a lot without worrying about an artifact if you need to go pick up a mod half way through map, away from artifact (Of course you could wait up for the round to finish, but it's kinda impossible at every 5 waves were u can choose to leave or stay fighting, and who's patient enough?).

A open wide area with a some boxes you quickly can hide behind for some ancient and such, while regaining your shield.