Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaning?

Aerah

Maybe we could have an option to "Lean"? say you want to shoot around a corner, what if we could lean to the left, and shoot while also taking cover and only a small amount of your body is out in the open? Maybe using Q for leaning left and E for leaning right? or what ever key binding you would like. Opinion and Comments anyone?

i don't think it'd fit to well with the fast pace movement and current ttk ingame. Leaning works well in games such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R where the time to kill is alot shorter and takes a few shots to kill. Movement is slower & more strategic which works well with leaning pop shots. Here we got a faster run and gun style gameplay with regenerating shields, longer time to kill so don't think leaning would be needed at all unless you're down to 5% hp and constantly out of shields.

Edited by Yutty

I like the idea, would be nice if you're trying to be sneaky to be able to lean in certain spots, so check if it's clear. Currently that's pretty hard to do unless your Loki, but i bet they'll be fixing a the stealth mechanic a bit in the future.

A simpler way to implement leaning would be to allow it when standing close enough cover by aiming down the sights. You don't have to be right up against it, but close enough to make hitting you with most fire difficult. There should be no actual sticky cover mechanic, though. Only the ability to lean while aiming down the sights near tall cover.

This could be balanced by having the AI concentrate fire on your cover and spawning Grineer sawmen and shotgunners to distract you as the riflemen try to close the distance by flanking you. That way, it would keep the gameplay from becoming too slow.

Edited by Jourmangand