Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Security Bypass Cancel

Horus000

Hey, once again, i dont know if this has been brought up before but i was wondering if a cancel button could be added for when you're using a security terminal. a couple of times ive gone to bypass the lockdown having scanned the vacinity for enemies, seeing and hearing none and suddenly an enemy appears as im using the bypass. i know theyr quick and easy to sort out but in instances where youre a bit hyper on caffeine and your trigger happy on the LMB and keep screwing up the bypass it can be a pain to have to find the escape key to cancel.

i know this is basically telling everyone im lazy for not putting the effort in to move my ring finger an inch and a half to the escape key, but i think for new comers having the cancel button there will definitely prevent any forms of hulk rage when/if they dont know the escape key does that.

escape key

#didntreadmypost.

Seconded.  Once, I got rushed by three Ancients that were hiding behind a corner while I was hacking a terminal.  In the time it took me to get my brain out of 'mouse mode' and into 'keyboard mode' I was quite dead.  A cancel button would be very welcome.

ive done the exact same hey. the first couple of times i went into panic mode and pretty sure i hit every key between WASD and the escape key lol

Edited by Horus000

Did you know you can right click on the tiles in the hacking screen to turn them the other way? This isn't really on-topic, it's just that it took forever before I actually realised that, haha.

As for a cancel button, I'm not opposed to it. Knowing where the escape button is comes pretty naturally to me, though.

Did you know you can right click on the tiles in the hacking screen to turn them the other way? This isn't really on-topic, it's just that it took forever before I actually realised that, haha.

As for a cancel button, I'm not opposed to it. Knowing where the escape button is comes pretty naturally to me, though.

i didnt know that actually, ill have to keep that in mind lol.

yeah i know its not overly important in terms of game development, i just think it might help with game flow, having it there is just a bit more convenient and i think it will save newcomers going HULK SMASH before it clicks to use the esc key. i know using the esc key might not take so long to register for a lot of people but it kinda did for me and all i really want is to try and help the game be as newcomer friendly coz i want the game to flourish. ive played a couple of other games that never took off due to a lot of silly things that couldve been prevented or watever and i dont want that to happen to this one