Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selective Blueprint Drops

AeternusSC

I can't be the only person finding myself mildly irritated when, while grinding a boss for BPs, I repeatedly obtain prints for frame components I've already built. To expedite frame construction and make it slightly less of a grind-fest, I propose the option to enable or disable specific blueprint drops from bosses, so that players only see dropped what they need and don't waste time obtaining what they already have.

Edited by AeternusSC

Just to clarify, you just don't want it to show you when the item drops if you have it, or you want it to only drop what you don't have? I can't see why you wouldn't want one you already have, you already spent the time getting there, for a few seconds more you can get something that sells for a few k. If you want it to increase chance of dropping what you already have then be careful, if people get everything they want they may lose incentive to play. In the future it could work but atm where grinding is the focus, it shouldn't be sidestepped.

@ethics: The latter. You do have a point, but if a player isn't particularly concerned with the selling price of an unused print, it can feel like a wasted mission to obtain something other than what you're specifically looking for.

But if you only get that which you need then it will take you 3 mission runs to get all prints per frame... Granted you need the cash/materials but it still doesn't seem like there would be much longevity left in the game at its current state.

This is by design, you are supposed to grind for what you want, if you get the same BP you sell it, why voluntarily give up a source of income. The entire economy is balanced around things like duplicate BP being sold for credits; add the option to stop dropping duplicates then sooner or later players are whining they cant make enough credits to craft what they want.

certain bosses only drop certain blueprints.

if you want trinity maps, don't go after the Jackal, he'll only drop Cronus and Rhino bps

I think Golem may have dropped Volt bps... or Trinity... either way, you find all the details you need on Wikia

also, if you sell the duplicate BPs, that's a lot of creds you could use :P

certain bosses only drop certain blueprints.

if you want trinity maps, don't go after the Jackal, he'll only drop Cronus and Rhino bps

I think Golem may have dropped Volt bps... or Trinity... either way, you find all the details you need on Wikia

also, if you sell the duplicate BPs, that's a lot of creds you could use :P

Not the OP's point. I've done 3 Phorid runs, gotten 2 Nyx helmets, and a non-BP drop. I think what (s)he's asking for is for the system to check and see what you already HAVE, and not dupe BP drops. Arguable whether that's desirable, or even doable, but that seems to be what's being requested