The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Ether (Swords) And (Dual) Ether Daggers... Really?

TezeretFoxtrot

Guys, the armor ignore is a bug. While I cannot give definitive proof, I am quite sure that the armor ignore is supposed to be on the ether daggers and not the dual ethers.

When the dual heatswords were first released, they were the worst melee weapon in the game as their charge attack was either bugged or there was an oversight which caused their charge attack to not have armor ignore, making them do terrible damage all around. took a while, but they were fixed when they rebalanced the Gram which was released alongside them.

As the daggers are missing the armor ignore on their charge attack, and the dual ethers are literally good against every faction with practically no downside, I am quite confident that there are some incorrect values there.

While I am somewhat surprised that the armor ignore was not corrected with the hotfix today, I don't know how their weapon properties are code so it is likely more complicated than we are aware.

I might still use the Dual Ether Blades once they're fixed.  

Since I do a slide-melee on enemies quite often to rapidly close distance, the attack rate of the weapon very much matters.  Because of this, I was restricted to the Dual Zorens of the Fangs before if I wanted to do this well (though I stuck with the Dual Heat Swords for quite a while for its other attributes) - now, I have a rapid option with a bit more attack swing range than the Dual Zorens, even if they aren't quite as fast or have quite the chance to crit than the Dual Zorens have.

When I first looked up these weapons my first thought was they are going to get nerfed BUT I still crafted them anyways...Honestly devs you can't release content then nerf it the next day. The fang comes into mind. 

HEK its a sniper-shotgun with a fire rate of a automatic rifle. 90% End-game comunity abuse it but theres no nerf yet...

Guys, the armor ignore is a bug. While I cannot give definitive proof, I am quite sure that the armor ignore is supposed to be on the ether daggers and not the dual ethers.

When the dual heatswords were first released, they were the worst melee weapon in the game as their charge attack was either bugged or there was an oversight which caused their charge attack to not have armor ignore, making them do terrible damage all around. took a while, but they were fixed when they rebalanced the Gram which was released alongside them.

As the daggers are missing the armor ignore on their charge attack, and the dual ethers are literally good against every faction with practically no downside, I am quite confident that there are some incorrect values there.

While I am somewhat surprised that the armor ignore was not corrected with the hotfix today, I don't know how their weapon properties are code so it is likely more complicated than we are aware.

i guess not https://warframe.com/news/tenno-reinforcements-0

"DUAL ETHER— Fast and precise. The Ether Sword cuts so cleanly that it was considered by the Tenno to be a more humane weapon for ‘cleansing’ infested allies. Capable of hitting multiple targets"

as you can see the dual ether not only works aganist normal infested but also the ancient ones soo its seems to be the "anti-infested weapon" and means that the ap damage arent a bugg or something that inst intended.

all the people said stuffs like "nerf the hek" or "nerf the dual ether" or stuffs like that but at least someone had the time to think something like "why not BETTER BUFF THE SINGLE LONG SWORDS WEAPONS?" the ,mayority of them are so bad specially the single sword from the ?alerts which most of them are just a cronus with better skin and not that useful jump attack and not other proprerties that make them different form the daggers/dual weapon or even the heavy weapons and how in the hell we are gonna do mission on high lvl dungeons (im not taling about europe or sedna im talking about missions from ceres, eris, pluto and beyond) with useless and nerfed weapons???

just hope DE increase the difficult of the game with better boss fights and some good high end content where there is a great variety of high end weapons and not just some guys going to high lvl  missions with a crappy cronus or a braton :/

So power creep it is. I dreaded that day.

Next to be released, a "aoe/armor-piercing/armor-ignoring/5x bonus on infested, single-handed katana that you can shoot with and kill bosses in one single charge". It's made of an ultra rare metal that I have tons of so it's ok.

I hyperboled a tad bit, but you get the message.

I'm sure that all melee weapons will be better balanced especially swords. But for now, dual ethers are a step in the right direction, imo.